Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. I would have liked a heated steering wheel
2. I would really like a dead pedal on the left side of the driver's well to rest foot. Not sure if it would be compliant with clutches.
3. Remote start when you unlock all doors and open the back it kills the engine. Unecessary.
3. I ordered and installed a headliner package and am very happy and impressed with it. Should be a factory option.
4. Better headlights, duh.
5. Autodimming mirror.

My long term wish would be to have the larger nav screen from the newer chryslers with some added functionality like vehicle dynamics and a nav system with terrain and topo. I am a tech junkie and I know others here are not.

I love this vehicle!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Handles great off road and in the snow. Had it on some Jeep trails up in the mountains west of Denver, handled the snow fine we have had in Denver. Also had it in the mud doing some pheasant hunting and narry a problem. I am admitted not going to be a rock crawler. So, Tom your somewhat sarcastic comment is understood given the perspective of some on this forum that a Jeep has to be run off road and in the rocks to validate the owner as a true Jeep enthusiast. As the owner of a 500 hp and 1000 lb/ft Cummins diesel, supercharged Challenger I can certainly appreciate the "enthusiast" level of vehicle enjoyment. However everyone uses vehicles differently and buy them for different reasons.

·
Registered
21 Posts
2. I would really like a dead pedal on the left side of the driver's well to rest foot. Not sure if it would be compliant with clutches.
3. Remote start when you unlock all doors and open the back it kills the engine. Unecessary.
3. I ordered and installed a headliner package and am very happy and impressed with it. Should be a factory option.
5. Autodimming mirror.

My long term wish would be to have the larger nav screen from the newer chryslers with some added functionality like vehicle dynamics and a nav system with terrain and topo. I am a tech junkie and I know others here are not.

I love this vehicle!

Can't comment on the nav system since I am planning on going aftermarket on my jeep, but the auto-dimming mirror you would think would be standard on all vehicles these days.

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
Handles great off road and in the snow. Had it on some Jeep trails up in the mountains west of Denver, handled the snow fine we have had in Denver. Also had it in the mud doing some pheasant hunting and narry a problem. I am admitted not going to be a rock crawler. So, Tom your somewhat sarcastic comment is understood given the perspective of some on this forum that a Jeep has to be run off road and in the rocks to validate the owner as a true Jeep enthusiast. As the owner of a 500 hp and 1000 lb/ft Cummins diesel, supercharged Challenger I can certainly appreciate the "enthusiast" level of vehicle enjoyment. However everyone uses vehicles differently and buy them for different reasons.
That's great about the off road handling.

I was being sarcastic based on the heated steering wheel and other creature comforts you mentioned. Personally I've never understood the fascination people have with a "dead pedal". This is the first time I've ever heard someone want one in combination with a clutch.

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
I'm pretty sure that JIMBOX installed a dead pedal. You should be able to search and find all the details.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Heated steering wheel would be nice, just for more doorless action! same thing with the extra electronics, i mean theres no reason not to include a backup cam with a fancy mirror as a factory option. every truck has it, even my moms new subaru outback came with it. I don't think any vehicle comes with a factory dead pedal, I think it would confuse enough people to hurt sales. But I could be wrong; i've only ever driven stick so i wouldnt know.

that remote start thing sounds downright annoying though. i would be pretty ticked if i had it. and the headlights are god awful.

glad to hear youre enjoying it though. its a hard vehicle not to love :-D

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
Heated steering wheel would be nice, just for more doorless action! same thing with the extra electronics, i mean theres no reason not to include a backup cam with a fancy mirror as a factory option. every truck has it, even my moms new subaru outback came with it. I don't think any vehicle comes with a factory dead pedal, I think it would confuse enough people to hurt sales. But I could be wrong; i've only ever driven stick so i wouldnt know.

that remote start thing sounds downright annoying though. i would be pretty ticked if i had it. and the headlights are god awful.

glad to hear youre enjoying it though. its a hard vehicle not to love :-D
You consider the Subaru Outback a truck? :confused: My '94 Toyota Corolla has a dead pedal.

·
Registered
14 Posts
5. Autodimming mirror.

I love this vehicle!

I second all of those. I'd even add dome lights when you open the doors. I keep leaving stuff in my car all the time because I can't see!

and yes she does handle great in the snow! :rolleyes:

·
Official WF thread de-railer
3,952 Posts
I'm curious, because I'm a huge gearhead and performance enthusiast.
What kind of reinforcements needed to be made to the Challenger's unibody to support the added weight?
Did you go with a centrifugal or roots style blower?
I'd assume you removed the turbo setup if you run a roots style blower, but I've seen centrifugal systems used to actually feed a turbo, and the boost numbers are insane. If you went roots, did you find you had to tinker with the drive ratios on the blower to adapt it to the diesel, since the tendency on a supercharged diesel application is to want to make boost at idle. Are you running some sort of bypass, or is the boost at idle not really an issue? I would think traction right off idle is a big issue.
I'm sure you're intercooled, but did you go with the stock Cummins setup, or something custom? I would imagine if it's a roots setup, you had to go with a custom cooler.
I'd love to see some pics of that beast, particularly how you jammed that Cummins into the Challenger's engine bay. My buddy runs a shop that specializes in the new Hemi cars, and even squeezing a blower on a gas engine is a job. The Challenger is a little more forgiving than the 300/Charger/Magnum, but still tight.

·
Registered
649 Posts
MisterScott said:
5. Autodimming mirror.

I love this vehicle!
This guy sounds like one of those hum hum wow im having a hard time saying it Hummer owners

·
Official WF thread de-railer
3,952 Posts
I must have bought the wrong Jeep, mine HANDLES terribly in the snow. Short wheelbase and high center of gravity means keep your speed in check you the back end will be coming around on you.
Traction wise? Now that's a different story. I've only been in about 16 inches of snow, and it barely slowed it down.

·
MARGARET, 10-14-51\6-1-12
10,296 Posts
gee guys i thought all the pre-2012 jeep came with a dead peddle.. most of us call it the gas peddle. step on it and not much happens.:rofl:

·
Registered
941 Posts
One of the biggest complaints I have is the poor visibility out the back. Why don't they allow you to either remove, or fold down, the rear head rests when they are not being used. The block an incredible amount of the view out the back window. I don't want to have to fold the entire back seat just to get the dang head rests out of the way! You can do this on the wife's Highlander, no reason they could not have done the same thing on the Jeep.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts