Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased 4 02 sensors from rockauto.l get first 3 installed OK. After getting the last one, bank 1 upstream in l go to hook the clip end up and it does not match my clip end on jeep. Can l solder my old clip to the new 02 sensor????? I have checked with rockauto and do have the correct part for my jeep.Makes no sense to me.
Thanks for any help. Windingwilkie

·
Registered
526 Posts
I wouldn't really mess around with soldering on a new end. Not to say it wouldnt work, I would try a different vendor. I worked at a shop and it is very common to match up the part numbers with the years and still have the wrong part.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ngk 02 sensor with wrong clip

Thanks for the reply.Because most of the ones on these jeep forums seem to say stay with the OEM sensor because they work better, l just hate to change plus rock auto says l cannot return it because it has been installed.They suggest l go to dealer with my vin# and see why l have different clip on my Calif.emmisions jeep from same vehicles with Calif. specs.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Im sorry, that kinds sucks on rock autos part. Id go match it up with an oem at an auto parts store. Theres nothing wrong with oem parts. Its not like TJ engines are high performance, so i don't think an o2 sensor would do much. There is a lesson learned here, check 100% that it fits. Saves time and money.

·
Registered
526 Posts
good luck with that. keep me posted. im interested in why the connection is different, and if you can just solder on another connector

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just swap the connectors between the new sensor and your old one if it is in good enough shape. It is pretty easy to remove each terminal in weatherpak connectors.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
When you say the clip does not match, do you me the pins re different or the key on the connector does not allow them to be put together?

I suspect the latter. The difference between the sensors for the Jeep is that on the Jepp harness, the male key is in different positions. On the O2 connector the female slot corresponds to the male key. If by chance you got the wrong part number, which happened to me, just cut/break away a small bit if the O2 connector where the male key is.

·
Registered
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4.0L 5spd Money pit Green
395 Posts
I did what Neil F did....works with no problem. My Heep is an early 00.....made in 9/99.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey!! Thanks for all the replys. I have the correct 02 sensor---it just does not member to my clip connection on the jeep. I have decided to splice on the clip to the new sensor. My jeep is also an early 2000 model so l am guessing there were so few jeeps involved if there was actually a change made on early 2000 models that the after market companies such as rockauto decided to let it slide to prevent problems on a small number of possible sales. Didn't help me for sure but that's my "WAG". Sure appreciate all the help !!!!!
windingwilkie

suspect the manufacturer did it at factory----just seems strange that one of the main after market suppliers for that part never got that word or maybe because it could have been such a small number of jeeps involved they just let it slide "if you know what l mean".

that one of the "main" after market suppliers for that part never got the word.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts