Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have a 2000 tj 4.0 ltr. jeep. i have this problem which recently came up with the alternator guage going to basically zero and the check guage light coming on. it will do it for a while and if i shut the motor off and turn it back on it will go away. i did check the charge with the light and guage acting up and got about 13.8 on the voltage. the jeep still runs fine while the light and guage are in this condition. help...

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
I was having issues with my gauges doing the same exact thing. The alt tested good, but the battery tested bad. So I replaced the battery amd the problem persisted. This time the alt did test bad. So after changing the alt, the problem went away.

However, the wench and amos were disconnected because the guy who was "fixing" it thought the problem initially was they were pulling to much power. I didn't have them reconnected yet because I am considering adding a secondary battery to push the wench and amps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts