Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, my tj body was separated from the frame and motor. TJ had a ton of rust and the frame needed lots of work. After the repairs, jeep was put back together in a rush and I'm finding that the lines that go to the intake and probably EVAP may have been hooked up incorrectly. Now I'm not well versed mechanically, but I know enough to follow a conversation.

Can anyone explain what each of the ports are coming off of the intake? And what line should be hooked up where? I'll share a pic of how the jeep was returned to me.

From what I read, one of the ports should be capped off, and maybe that should be the one in the front? When I got the jeep back, there's a line hooked up to that port and it maybe going to the cruise control? I have no idea actually, pic below with pretty green circles.

The second port didn't have anything hooked up and was whistling so I put a cap on it, which made the jeep run better, but I dont think thats right. I think the vacuum line thats coming out of the firewall should go there but im not sure, and its currently hooked up to maybe the evap pump? Again, no idea.

The third port closest to the firewall was simply capped. I dont think thats right either. But I dont know what could plug in there.

Any advice is appreciated. I've been to two shops already that gave me the run around.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
The speed control (if equipped) vacuum line is Teed off the HVAC vacuum line which on the later ones is from the small, back port. I’m not sure what year that started so may not apply to your 2000. Does the HVAC airflow switch vents from defrost to floor & dash vents? If not it may not be connected to the manifold.

A wider photo of the intake manifold from above (like the 2nd one posted) that shows the entire manifold might help clarify that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The speed control (if equipped) vacuum line is Teed off the HVAC vacuum line which on the later ones is from the small, back port. I’m not sure what year that started so may not apply to your 2000. Does the HVAC airflow switch vents from defrost to floor & dash vents? If not it may not be connected to the manifold.

A wider photo of the intake manifold from above (like the 2nd one posted) that shows the entire manifold might help clarify that.

Would this work? This is how everything was returned to me. Front of jeep is at the top of the pic.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
So, do the vent controls work for dash & floor or do you just get defrost?

From your last photo it looks like there are no other vacuum ports in the manifold & I don’t see the one connecting to the HVAC/speed control vacuum line which is a small hard plastic line.

I can’t tell for sure but it looks like there is a vacuum line like the HVAC uses going across the lower left corner of the last photo. If so that would go on the back (one plugged off with a screw) port.

I agree with Jonny that the hose going to the front port looks like it may be pushed over a plug on the front port & should go in the middle & the front stays plugged.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.