Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a question regarding the operation of the A/C. When the A/C is on I have noticed that as I accelerate the cold air blown out only the defroster vent. As the Jeep settles at 55 mph it still has a considerable amount of cold blowing out of the defroster duct as opposed to the dash vents. If I am going much over 55 mph the cold only comes out the defroster duct. Is this normal for the 2000 TJ? The only reason I am concerned about this oddity is that I just had the A/C installed on the Jeep the parts used are all mopar. :confused:

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
2018 JLUR on tons and 40's.
6,852 Posts
Not normal. Sounds to me like a vacuum leak. Some of the HVAC system controls are vacuum actuated. If the problem is consistent with throttle control I would say you might have a vacuum line closing under pressure. There are specific designation to suction ratings in pressure and vacuum lines. I can look them up for you tomorrow but sounds to me like it needs to go back to whoever installed it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts