Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah,
Yeah,
YEAH!!!

I know.

But I have search and frankly the search stinks. So I am going to ask for help

OLD TIMERS if you are going to just be critical, don't waste your time.

4.0 6

I want sound and good sound.
Been to youtube. I want your personal take on your equipment.

I want most BANG (VALUE) for my buck.

I want INCREASED anything!

I WANT SOUND! ! ! !

WHAT DO I NEED?

Do I need a CAT BACK system?

HEADER?

Or just a new pipe, or muffler? or Both?

Someone out there has to have done something right.

and please OLDTIMERS, DON'T KICK ME BACK WITH "TINNY CAN" sound, "IT'S NOT A 8." AND ALL THAT OTHER DUNG.

I have a Taco with a 6 and the TRD exhaust and it sounds AWSOME, THROATY, AND COOL.

THATS IT.

OH HAVE A GREAT WEEK AND JEEP ON!:iamhappy:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I listened to many different exhaust systems and even stopped keepers every now and then at stop lights to ask about what they were running. After weeks and weeks of looking, I narrowed my search down to three systems,, Banks Monster Exhaust, Borla and Magnaflo. I wanted something that sounded good, looked good and gave me some improvements with low end torque.

Ended up going with the complete Banks Power Pack which included;
BANKS MONSTER EXHAUST
BANKS TORQE TUBE HEADERS
BANKS HIGH FLOW INTAKE SYSTEM
BANKS POWER IQ PROGRAMER
and a BANKS 3" Black Power tip

I must say, I'm extremely impressed the sound and look of my new system. It has brought new life to my 03' TJ 4.0L. Feels like I'm driving a completely different jeep. Must better throttle response. Acceleration is quicker. Better low end TORQE with out a doubt. The sound is amazing... People actually think I'm ruining a V8 now. It really sounds awesome! Now as I said, I have the changed the entire exhaust front to back with the Banks system and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I listened to many different exhaust systems and even stopped keepers every now and then at stop lights to ask about what they were running. After weeks and weeks of looking, I narrowed my search down to three systems,, Banks Monster Exhaust, Borla and Magnaflo. I wanted something that sounded good, looked good and gave me some improvements with low end torque.

Ended up going with the complete Banks Power Pack which included;
BANKS MONSTER EXHAUST
BANKS TORQE TUBE HEADERS
BANKS HIGH FLOW INTAKE SYSTEM
BANKS POWER IQ PROGRAMER
and a BANKS 3" Black Power tip

I must say, I'm extremely impressed the sound and look of my new system. It has brought new life to my 03' TJ 4.0L. Feels like I'm driving a completely different jeep. Must better throttle response. Acceleration is quicker. Better low end TORQE with out a doubt. The sound is amazing... People actually think I'm ruining a V8 now. It really sounds awesome! Now as I said, I have the changed the entire exhaust front to back with the Banks system and couldn't be happier.

what did that setup run?

·
Registered
30 Posts
The components cost all together about $1400 then had it installed at my local jeep shop with labor about $45 All components are high quality stainless so I shouldn't have to worry about them for a while plus Banks has a five year warranty on whole system as long as system is installed at an ASE cert. shop so I had it done at my jeep dealer who do great aftermarket installs here. Feels like a new jeep. Power increase is very noticeable. Throttle response is immediate. Sound is amazing. Was a bit skeptical at first bc I didn't want a sound that sounded out of place on a jeep. Much deeper and throatier sound than I could have imagined. On open highway, quietens down as not to bother me.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I have been running the Banks Torque Tubes and the Monster Cat Back system for 3 weeks now. I personally like the sound and I can actually notice a Power Increase.
Didn't go for the Intake. They don't seem to make much of a difference on the Jeeps.
And it's a Black POWDER COATED TIP. LOL. does nothing but Look Good as opposed to the Chrome one.
If you want really Loud, it's not for you. It's Throaty but not obnoxious.
Something else to realize is if you ask anyone what sounds Better than the Other, it's a Waste of Time.
What Band do You think SOUNDS great ? Get what I mean ?
Go with what you like and F everyone else's opinion. It's YOUR Jeep.
Payed under $650 to my door in 2 days direct from Banks. Right Parts and No Hassle. Great folks to work with. Just my .02

1 - 10 of 10 Posts