Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: Ok so it had to happen; My daughter and I were at a stop when next thing I know all I see is pavement out of the front. The driver who hit us never saw us stoped for the 30 seconds that we were hit the brakes just befor impact sending his moms Dodge Caravan under us.The tire took alot of the impact but my rear end was up in the air 3 feet and then slamed back down. I upon my decent back down some how loosened the seat belt and on the bounce up I hit the roll bar I think the hit jarred me enough that I was dazed for about five mins. I was told by a witness that it looked like I was gonna go put the rubber side up.The back door is bent the gas tank skid bent, bumper bent, corner panel bent, # 5 rim bent, exhaust bent and leaking somewhere, driveline vibration, and it wanders bad now. Good thing is my little girl is ok shook up but ok, cant say much for the jeep yet as I am to sore to get under it. The van is a total loss and the kid I am sure is now on public transporation. Will try to put pics up soon. Watch out and buckle up.:( :( :( :( :(

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I'm glad you are okay!

We banged up our 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee a few months ago.

Any time you can walk away from an accident it was a good one.

Sorry to hear about the Jeep but at least you and the Princes are both all right.

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
Glad to hear that you walked away alright! I had a similar experience with my lifted YJ and a Mustang... I had to retell the story when the police showed up so that they knew where he hit me, though... When you lift it, the trailer hitch lines up perfectly with the hood/radiator... Like I said, glad that you and your daughter both walked away unscathed from this one!

·
Registered
155 Posts
How on earth did you not beat the tar out of that kid. I have a 5yr old and all she can say is "Can we go muddin Daddy" The thought of having her shook up in a rearender would be enough to kill. Not to mention the Jeep. Well keep your head up and thank the good lord for the next trail you and the princess hit

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
glad you & your daughter are ok...that's the important thing.
Jeep parts are easy to replace

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
I want to echo everyone else. Glad you and your baby are okay.

I'm betting that if he hit you like that underneath then you bent some control arms o even bent the driveshaft. That's probably why the vibes you are feelin now. Hope the guy has insurance.

But on a brighter note, if you still have the D35 under your right might be a free time to upgrade to a 44.

·
Administrator
12,602 Posts
As stated glad your both fine. Now as for the Jeep, i got hit by a semi a few years back, the jeep lost. I was fine however, although some on here may debate that..LOL Keep us posted on the outcome for the jeep.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Glad you and your girl made it out ok. That is what really matters.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok my jeep was ready yesterday or so they thought. I went to look at it the work the body shop did was great ( Jim Click Automall in Tucson). But the tail pipe was not fixed and I found the impact had created a leak just after the muffler. Just want to say thanx for the concern. Good luck to all

1 - 10 of 10 Posts