Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought that ALL 2000 Wrangler Sports had the cruise control on the steering wheel.

Take a look at the picture.
I do not see the control there.

What years DID come with the cruise control?

Maybe they changed out the steering wheel. :rolleyes:

·
zombie & ninja slayer
2,276 Posts
It's optional

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That figures.

·
Registered
202 Posts
You can add it. There are some kits out there on ebay $$$ using factory parts or you can piece it together yourself. It depends if you have some of the wiring and vacuum lines already installed from the factory.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I thought about adding CC to my 2001 TJ, but for all the modifications and time plus the fact I'm generally local for driving, it wasn't worth it for me...

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I have cc on my 2002 sport. But it's a manual so it's kind of useless. I have 33's and havent regeared from 3.73's so every time im going uphill I have to downshift and reset cc then upshift and reset it again. It disables every time the clutch is engaged
I never drove a standard vehicle with CC, sounds like its a pain in the rear end... BTW I have standard in my jeep as well, same gearing 3.73 but with 31's only.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
cruise control did not become standard on any TJ until 2002 when it became standard on the sahara.....I think all saharas from 2002-2004 had cruise control....and also the one-year-only 2005 limited edition LJ rubicon-sahara got cruise control. I have cc on my 5-speed sahara and have yet to use it other than to see if it works.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have a 2000 with CC, and it is a manual. It is nice to use on the highway or interstate on long trips

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have cc on my 2002 sport. But it's a manual so it's kind of useless. I have 33's and havent regeared from 3.73's so every time im going uphill I have to downshift and reset cc then upshift and reset it again. It disables every time the clutch is engaged
CC worked fine on my 01 sport (manual) when I was runniung 30's. After lifting and putting 33's on with .410 regearing it almost came back to normal but not quite. .456's installed and its useful again. Note to self and anyone else, 4.0 , 5 spd, on 33's = .456 gears. I made the mistake and tried the .410's. A thousand dollars later all is well. What are almost brand new G2 .410's worth :)

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
My 2000 came with cruise control on the left side of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I test drove the 2000 Sport yesterday.
If I decide to get it, I guess MY cruise control will have to be my right foot, because this jeep just doesn't have one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts