Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 4.0 5sp 89k miles
I recently did a clutch kit replacement. The jeep would not start, I have replaced the crankshaft position sensor (don't believe I broke the first one) and still with the new one, no luck. I removed the coil rail and used a test light grounded to the battery terminal, no light/spark while cranking. Is this still a crankshaft position sensor problem or am I missing something? There is one wiring harness receiver hanging with nothing connected, this may be the issue. Will upload a photo in ~15 minutes. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is it the clutch switch. and you could due the fuse trick to by pass having to press in the clutch to start it
I don't know if it is the clutch switch, I'll look up a tutorial on how to do that bypass fuse trick. Thanks for the immediate feedback.

Here is a photo of the wiring harness receiver that has nothing plugged into it. I'm not sure what it's for, or maybe it is empty because my jeep does not have a feature it is for.
(gray hanging harness that is left of the oil dipstick in this photo.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Threw it in 4LO and it fired up immediately. Problem solved. Thanks a lot Yellowjeeper, I've been fighting this problem for quite some time!
It had been turning over but wasn't sure why it wouldn't fire. Thanks again.

·
Registered
216 Posts
and no problem man I was just guessing. I'm glad you got it tho. this happened to me twice in one month this winter and I almost killed someone from pure frustration haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts