Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I joined the forum today, and decided I should jump straight in head-first with a build thread just to show my newbness. Here goes nothing.

I recently picked up a completely stock 2000 Wrangler Sahara from Arizona with absolutely no rust or rot :bop:

The first thing I did was 2 months of research to figure out what I wanted to do and the order in which I wanted to do it. I want this to continue to be drivable throughout the build, so each item with be done in it's own time. So here it is, feel free to critique. My order is intentional, but can be changed if necessary.

1. 1”in body lift (Teraflex)
2. 1”in Motor Mount Lift (Brown Dog)
3. 3”in Suspension Lift (Teraflex)
4. Track Bar, Adjustable Front (Metalcloak)
5. 33” Tires (General Grabber AT2)
6. 15x8 Rims
7. Winch
8. Subwoofer/Amp
9. Spider web shade
10. Trunk Box
11. Monstaliner Interior
12. CB Radio
13. Onboard Air System
14. Rock Sliders (Metalcloak)
15. Front Bumper (Metalcloak)
16. Rear Bumper w/ Tire carrier w/ hitch
17. Jerry Can Mount
18. Monstaliner Exterior
19. Skid, Steering Box
20. Adjustable Control Arms x 8 (Metalcloak)
21. SYE (Advance Adapters)
22. Driveshaft (Tom Woods)
23. Steering Linkage, Heavy Duty (Currie)
24. Front Axle (Dana 44, 4.56, ARB airlocker)
25. Rear Axle Build (4.56, ARB airlocker)
26. Fenders, High Clearance (Metalcloak)
27. Tires 35’s
28. Skid, Tummy Tuck (Nth Degree)
29. Skid, Engine
30. Skid/Tuck Gas Tank (Savvy)
31. Full Roll Cage
32. Light Bar
33. Exhaust
34. Cold Air Intake
35. Coilovers
36. Diesel Swap

This might take awhile, but I might as well start somewhere.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
^^Also, I don't know why my picture won't show up as I properly hosted it on Imgur with the BBCode link, unless there is a newb restriction on pictures.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So the very first thing I decided to do was fix all of the leaks that have developed over the last 17 years and 173xxx miles, as well as change all of the fluids that I wasn't sure of. I've heard a lot of people say that "TJ's leak, embrace it!" I don't like that, so I'm bound and determined to have a dry sealed vehicle.

The first ugly leaks were both front and rear pinion seals. Not the easiest one to fix, but it had to be done.

Before:
Auto part
Auto part

After:
Auto part Vehicle brake Machine Wheel Brake
Auto part Vehicle brake Brake
Personal protective equipment Headgear Gas mask Mask Costume

After fixing the two pinion seals, I cleaned out the diffs and filled them up with new fluid, as well as installing LubeLocker gaskets on both for future ease. I also changed the fluid in the NV3550 to Syncromesh (done well in past vehicles), as well as putting new ATF in the T-Case.

After all of that, I have all fluids changed that concern me. The engine oil looks brand new, and the previous owner said he changed it 200 miles before I bought it. I'll change it in 3000 just to be sure.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm also working on building my 2000 Sahara, except I'm keeping it fairly stock. After 17 years I have all the fluid leaks plus a rusty frame that I've been working on for the last couple weeks.

I fully agree with you on the leaks. Part of the reason I pulled the whole thing apart was because I got sick of it leaking all over my garage and driveway.

You have one hell of a list and that is going to be a beast of Jeep when its done

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm also working on building my 2000 Sahara, except I'm keeping it fairly stock. After 17 years I have all the fluid leaks plus a rusty frame that I've been working on for the last couple weeks.

I fully agree with you on the leaks. Part of the reason I pulled the whole thing apart was because I got sick of it leaking all over my garage and driveway.

You have one hell of a list and that is going to be a beast of Jeep when its done
Luckily, my TJ came from Arizona, so the frame and body are in impeccable shape. Lucked out there :drinks: I think I have all of my leaks fixed, it has been dry for quite awhile now. Also no sign of lost fluid levels, everything is still topped off. Hopefully you can get yours worked out, until the next one springs!

My list is extensive, and probably overkill, but I WILL get through it. We will see how long it takes :lmao:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts