Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems to get poor mileage when this is happening and if i cycle key 2 times it fires right up if i dont it will take 6 or 7 tries.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Not sure I completely understand your post.

Put the key in the "on" position without starting and wait 5 seconds then turn it over. If it starts right up it's most likely the fuel pressure regulator causing the problem.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You fuel pressure regulator is probably bad. It is letting the fuel drain back into the tank from the fuel rail. The fuel pressure reg. is on top of the fuel pump assembly in the tank. It is best to just replace the whole fuel pump assembly. Cycling the key a few times gets the primes the fuel pump and gets it back up to the fuel rail. That's why it starts like normal if you cycle the key a few times before you crank it over.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes i just turn key on then all the way off then on and off starts right up if i just get in and try to start it cranks and takes more cycles to fire up. I filled tank now it seems to fire right up but what does this have to do with mileage if anything?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it started cutting out and quit on the way home cel on started back up. Took to firestonethey scanned 99.00 ouch and came up missfire and cam sensor told me total to fix 517.00 wtf i asked how 99.00 scan 217.00 cam sensir installed and 200.00 for new plugs installed wtf. I paid the scan fee went to napa bought cam sensor 54.00 and seriously took less than 2 minutes to install plugs are fine i didnt even pull them i get 19mpg and runs like a clock. Firestone is a ripoff!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts