Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have been reading, and testing and reading and testing......

Here is the scenario, as it occurred, in order. I am about to order a clock spring but wanted to get some thoughts from those in the "know":

1. I bought jeep, ran fine, no engine light or codes, but horn did not work....cruise did.
  2. I checked fuses, horn fuse was bad, I replaced, horn now worked. I also pulled out bad radio at same time.
  3. Engine light came on, it showed code P0123....I thought maybe pulling the radio caused this (I didnt research yet).
  4. I changed out TPS, based on code.
  5. Engine lights still on, same code, P0123, but horn, and cruise all worked fine. Also, Airbag light by turn off switch for passenger seat sometimes came on and sometimes not
  6. I pulled horn relay and fuse, reset codes, no codes and jeep ran fine
  7. one day later, I put relay back in for horn, still no engine light and no codes but also no horn since I did not yet put fuse back in
  8. I put horn fuse in, and now got P0123, P0122 and the cruise code....didnt write it down
  9. pulled relay again and fuse and reset codes
  10. no engine light all good again

Sooooo, obviously the circuit with the horn working is causing a problem. I checked the TPS, all voltages are fine and the Jeep runs great without the codes showing. I am ready to order the clock spring as it seems like the right symptoms EXCEPT that the horn and cruise work when the CEL is on ......any thoughts or am I over thinking and it is a clock spring????

THANKS in advance for any help!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone have thoughts on this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts