Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sport, 4.0, 4 inch lift
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking to identify what the part is with the yellow tab sticking out of the bottom of the ignition switch actuator cover plate on my 2001 TJ. I replaced the entire ignition cylinder, actuator switch, and ignition switch and everything works great. Problem is, my speedometer now no longer works and I am suspicious that this part has something to do with it as I believe that small piece you see about halfway down the cover in line with that yellow tab sticking out is missing.
Hand Finger Thumb Nail Nickel

·
Registered
867 Posts
I think that is something to do with the shift interlock cable. I don't think it would have anything to do with the speedo.

Speedo issue could be a wiring issue from the vss in the transfer case output to the pcm, or a damaged speedo gear. They are the first things I'd be looking at after confirming the gauge itself is ok by doing the actuator test.

To do the actuator test, press and hold the odometer button, turn on the ignition, then release the button. The gauge should sweep similar to the rpm gauge

1 - 2 of 2 Posts