Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the origianl owner of a black Sahara automatic 6cyl with tan soft top and full doors. The Jeep has 11,000 (eleven thousand) miles. It has never been off road or spent the night outside. I do put it in 4WD every once in a while just to keep the gears lubricated. I have the oil changed every year and it has a red top optima battery. I am thinking of getting a new 4 door Wrangler and want to get an idea of what you guys think my Jeep is worth. I have the factory window sticker and all service records since new.
Thanks for your replies
Robert

·
Registered
427 Posts
Make sure you sell it privately. Dealership wont give you crap for trade in value. They dont care how much you changed the oil or if it still has the window sticker. It sounds like a mint Jeep you got there.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Wait till spring and put on ebay. Ill be you get 15k or more for it. Someone that wants a mint TJ should be all over that. Can't take miles back off once there on! 11k is insane!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Wait till spring and put on ebay. Ill be you get 15k or more for it. Someone that wants a mint TJ should be all over that. Can't take miles back off once there on! 11k is insane!
Yep, here in VA that should bring $13k+

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
in CT that is a $15,000 TJ all day long, anytime of year. if it had the Dana 44 rear axle and the hard top, add another $1,500. sounds like a really great Wrangler.

·
Registered
275 Posts
in CT that is a $15,000 TJ all day long, anytime of year. if it had the Dana 44 rear axle and the hard top, add another $1,500. sounds like a really great Wrangler.
Good points, dual top group helps. I had 2 saharas from that time period and both had the D44. Not sure if that was luck or what but if he's got both and waits till warmer weather, I'd love to see the auction blow up!

·
Registered
20 Posts
It sounds MINT, I would keep it and avoid a new car payment.

Then I would take it out to the beach and have some real FUN with it!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
^apples to oranges, sort of.

ROBERT's Sahara is an all stock, low miles cream puff "survivor", whereas the Wrangler in this ad is highly modified, which in many buyer's opinion makes it much less desirable.

even though the miles are very low on both vehicles, i would not pay nearly as much for that modified 2002 wrangler as the all-stock 2001 Sahara described by ROBERT. both are very nice examples, but modified wranglers just do not command as much $$$ as really nice all-original wranglers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts