Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am having a problem with my 2002 Jeep Sahara.. It is an automatic.. When I accelerate hard, or climb steeper hills it feels like I'm riding over a rumble strip for a couple of seconds.. If I feather the gas I can avoid it, unless the hill is real steep..

I had it in 4WD in a field the other day and it was really stressed climbing a hill in 4WD.. In 4 low it wasnt as bad..

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Donnie

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Is your rig lifted? I had the same exact vibration after I lifted because my driveline angles were out of whack.

If no lift I would inspect your rear driveshaft u joints for play.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is not lifted.. Completely stock.. I have had a friend look and suggested the rear end because we saw fluid.. Hopefully I can find a good mechanic who can get to the bottom of it..

Thanks!

·
Registered
198 Posts
My '00 auto does the same. I removed the rear driveshaft, still happens. Put it back then I removed the front driveshaft, still happens. Wednesday I get the tranny rebuilt.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yeah. I know.

I'll let you know how it goes, should be a couple days. I have the same problem, rumble strips on takeoff, heavy load, or uphill. I checked all the cheap stuff first - motor mounts, shocks, tranny additives, running FWD, RWD. Nothing helps. It has progressively gotten worse, so I figured I'd bite the bullet and rebuild the tranny (140,000 mi). Nothing left, so I'm sure it will fix it. Still sucks though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let me know for sure! Mine is at 140k too! Im thinkin the coincidence is crazy! Sorry for ur loss of atleast 1k, but Im probably right behind u! I appreciate the insight!

Donnie

·
Registered
198 Posts
My auto trans is tore apart now in the garage. The clutches and bands are terribly worn and damaged, this is obviously where my problem was, without a doubt. Should be running again by Tuesday. Thought you'd like to know...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts