Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I live in Northern mi. and I just picked up a 02 wrangler, after looking at it closer I noticed rust on the frame around the rear of the trans skid plate, there seems to be rust and dirt inside the frame in that spot. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do before it gets too bad?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I took a shop vac and duct taped a rubber hose to the end and cleaned all I could then sprayed under coating in ,, I plan on doing a better job in the spring .

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi, I live in Northern mi. and I just picked up a 02 wrangler, after looking at it closer I noticed rust on the frame around the rear of the trans skid plate, there seems to be rust and dirt inside the frame in that spot. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do before it gets too bad?
I just completed a complete cleaning of my frame using a water hose, pressure hose, screwdriver and other picking tools to get the crud out of the frame interior. After it dried out inside, I applied a liberal coat of the interior frame coating purchased from Eastwood (used three cans). Then I used about a dozen cans of rust convertor on the outside of the frame and other suspension components. My mechanic says that it is the cleanest underside he has ever seen even on new Jeeps. Totally black and no rust! I hate rust!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Same as posted by uptime, lotsa water and try to get all the crud out on a regular basis. Just replaced one frame and gettin ready to do another one!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts