Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I have a 2003 Wrangler. The issue I am having is that the AC will not turn off. With the switch in the off position, you can hear the compressor turning on / off and it is blowing cold air. This is our first jeep so any help from the community would be great!

Vendor
Hello all,
I have a 2003 Wrangler. The issue I am having is that the AC will not turn off. With the switch in the off position, you can hear the compressor turning on / off and it is blowing cold air. This is our first jeep so any help from the community would be great!
The compressor will run in defrost mode or with the AC explicitly on. If the compressor is still on when the switch is completely off, you can troubleshoot the switch to see if it's not turning off properly. Let me know if you have any questions!

-Ryan

Registered
Three things to start with.
When the mode switch is off is the blower off or is it still on & you can change speeds using the speed switch?
When you move the mode switch to the vent positions (no snow flake on the icon) does the compressor stay on?
As you turn the mode switch to the various positions can you hear the doors inside the unit moving?

Registered
Had that problem when I bought my LJ.
Got billet knobs do no chance of that happening.

You could super glue the broken knob and use it in the middle temp and then use the temp one for now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts