Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2003 jeep wrangler 4.0 4x4 5 speed manual with 198k on it been drivin it all summer. Today im driving around and feel lil vibration thought nothing of it really has a small 2 inch lift so there is always a little something its a jeep but then it got a lil worse was driving slow every time i hit a bump i heard clunk clunk. So thought maybe wheel spacer came loose as they do but it wasnt everything was tight the drivers side rear has a fair amount of in and out play no up and down but that is 100% the noise i jacked up other side and that side actually moves more I know some is normal but it has never made noise before and both rear drums always wore weird/not even since i got it.. What can cause in and out play? i will upload a vid soon so you can see how much it moves.

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Possibly wheel bearings.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welp bois it appears that the carrier bearings are shot the whole thing has up and down play when i press on it with pry bar. The pinion is fine tho am shocked cause its a jeep. How hard is it to replace bearings ? or should i just go find a used decent rear?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts