Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2003 Rubicon. The bad news is the rear axel is from a 05 wrangler, its still a dana 44 but has no locker. It does have the bypass switch installed. I just wanted know if i will still be able to get the front to lock? The guy i purchased it from has indicated that it does work but i have not tested yet and will do not plan on taking it out of the garage untill i finish eastwooding and then fluid filming the frame and underbody. Any suggestions on what to do if it wont lock in?

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
The front should still lock. The only thing I can think of not working would be if you have an ARB system which requires a compressor. Sounds like you have e-lockers though, similar concept.

This is the YJ forum and we don't come stock with lockers, but I think the Rubicons have electronic lockers. With e-lockers, you might confuse the computer. In my experience with e-lockers, you have front, rear, both. You'll have to see if the selection for "both" still locks the front. Honestly, your switch probably has three wires: front, rear, power (maybe ground for light). The selection for both probably just connects all three wires together.

·
Registered
408 Posts
On TJ ruby's they are all air lockers, the Jk's switched to electric. I sounds like maybe your jeep might have been a wreck or abused off road to require a "new axle".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts