Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2003 wrangler sport with a 6 cylinder 5spd bone stock does any one know wut the gear ratio is and axle sizes thanks

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
you prolly have a 3.07 gear ratio unless u got the optional 3.73 gear ratio...and when u say axle sizes...do you wanna know the spline of your axle shafts?? if u have a sport then you have the dana 30 and dana 35 unless u got the dana 44 upgrade...the dana 30 and 35 have 27 spline axleshafts and the dana 44 has 30 spline axle shafts...if u dont know which one ya got then u can look at the rear axle and if it has a rubber drain plug then its the dana 35 and if it has a metal drain plug then it should be a dana 44...hope this helped

·
Registered
37 Posts
An option is dig back a little on the forum, as someone posted a link to Mopars website where you can send them your vin and they will email you back the build sheet, in about 24 hours. Good heads up by someone, as it is a pretty sweet link.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 03 Wrangler Sport with 33X10 tires and a four inch suspension lift. I just put flowmaster 2.5 inch exhaust on it and have a CAI, chip and 62mm throttle body on order. The question, after all that, is should I still get it regeared? I have a shop here that does good work for a not-so-bad price but the wife is getting a little sensitive, I've dropped 5 grand into the Jeep in the past 90 days... Thanks

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I have an 03 Wrangler Sport with 33X10 tires and a four inch suspension lift. I just put flowmaster 2.5 inch exhaust on it and have a CAI, chip and 62mm throttle body on order. The question, after all that, is should I still get it regeared? I have a shop here that does good work for a not-so-bad price but the wife is getting a little sensitive, I've dropped 5 grand into the Jeep in the past 90 days... Thanks
Just saying, don't expect a response from this thread... Is from 2006... 7 years old

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
sapperelite said:

Since those engine "mods" will do little or nothing for performance I would have to say yes, you still need to regear

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts