Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have a oil leak coming from the rear of the intake camshaft. Seems it's misting oil from the seal. Ive used anaerobic sealant on cam cap in required areas. New cylinder head and valves. Jeep runs perfectly besides the leak.
I've noticed that dodge neons with same 2.4 have a sensor covering that area. I don't remember removing one. Is there possibly a small cap that covers that end of the camshaft. I'm getting sick of removing everything and just wanting to be on the road again.

·
Registered
13,609 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I definitely didn't remove any sensor from that area on my old cylinder head. I have a cam sensor at the front of the exhaust cam that uses a target ring behind the cam sprocket. After reviewing some old pics I've noticed a flat plastic cap in a groove where my leak occurs. Definitely no room to fit it on new setup.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After some research it seems the magnet must be removed along with #6 cam cap. Then I should be able to put plastic cover in right grooves with some rtv. I can't find any info regarding my specific issue. Seems I'm the only 2.4 without a magnet cps. My cps is at front of exhaust cam

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
After some research it seems the magnet must be removed along with #6 cam cap. Then I should be able to put plastic cover in right grooves with some rtv.
Could you just buy a cheap cam sensor and install it as a cover? Of fabricate a cover/seal to install like the sensor?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Price isn't really my main concern. I live in a very isolated place. Most things take at least 2 weeks to ship here. I found my plastic cover. Just have to strip everything down to put it on. Only my 4th time in the last week haha. If this doesn't stop my leaks I may have to get some fire insurance ?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After 8 hrs and some stuff muscles I finally got the cps magnet removed. Plastic ring is installed and no more leaks. After A year of being parked in driveway my jeep is finally running the way I want. New cylinder head, valves , springs, cams, water pump, tensioners, crank pulley and a few other things. Feels great with it all running smoothly. I pity anyone else looking for info on the jeep version of the 2.4

·
Registered
1 Posts
After 8 hrs and some stuff muscles I finally got the cps magnet removed. Plastic ring is installed and no more leaks. After A year of being parked in driveway my jeep is finally running the way I want. New cylinder head, valves , springs, cams, water pump, tensioners, crank pulley and a few other things. Feels great with it all running smoothly. I pity anyone else looking for info on the jeep version of the 2.4
I am really interested in how you solved this problem. Could you take a min to reply? I have the 2.4 with the same issue. I need to replace that rubber disc/washer at the back of the cam (intake/driver side). I check the parts catalog and Mopar doesn't sell it anymore. I was wondering where you got the part and if I can't find the part could I use the cover that is mentioned in this thread.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts