Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wrangler Forum,

I've never posted before since I was always able to find the answer, probably my favorite part of driving a ten year old jeep. My oil pressure gauge is showing zero all the time. So my research began, starting with the simplest solution first:

1. Self diagnostic test. All lights and gauges, including the oil pressure gauge, cycled as they are supposed to.

2. Opened the oil cap in the engine bay and confirmed that there was oil up there in order to verify the pump was working.

3. Connected mechanical oil pressure gauge, started up the jeep, 60 PSI right off the bat.

4. Changed Oil Pressure Sending unit. First with OEM from Jeep dealership, then with one from auto parts store. I suppose they could both be faulty, but the chances have to be pretty low. No oil pressure reading.

So now here I am. I can certainly wire up the mechanical gauge and use that, but I would prefer obviously to get the dash gauge working instead. Any ideas of what I can check next? To my knowledge there is no fuse associated with the sending unit? Plug looks fine but I guess it could be faulty? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all the help on all the other problems, thanks to this forum I was able to fix my brakes, parking brake, air conditioning, seat belt warning lights, flip forward seat, radio, speakers and other stuff I can't even think of right now, thank you so much.

Regards,

·
Registered
672 Posts
Remove your guage cluster. Pull the connectors from the back and reseat them. That is where I would start.

Check this video out It is a 5 minute job. Your connectors on the back will be a little different. One is white and one is black.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3sBi0jzQHU

While it is out, clean the 4 ground wires at the bottom of the left dash speaker mount.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts