Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There All,

I just bought this red LJ and have started making my modifications.

Removing fender flares to paint:

I found a local paint shop who will color match my flared and side molding, so I am taking the parts in tomorrow!

Next on the hit list is my Rally Top hard top that I just ordered today. I can't wait to get it!!

:beerdrinking:Joe

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the shop now, maybe done end of week

looking forward to seeing the painted flares

Thanks Ssinga,

I'm told they may be ready end of week! Pictures coming soon (once I get them back).

Joe:drinks:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Red Fender Flares

Here's the Jeep once I got my flares back from the paint shop.

:beerdrinking:

·
Registered
556 Posts
She looks good.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
More work, a bit of sound deadening

I put down some Damplifier Pro sheets today and cut out some MLV to help deaden the noise a bit before complete project by doing the whole interior. One step at a time.

BACK TOGETHER FOR NOW!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rims installed, next OME Ultimate

Got my new rims installed!!

Next on the install list: OME Ultimate lift!! Actually, my hard top will be here likely next week, so that will probably be installed first.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hard top dolly/cool gas cap

Since my hard top is showing up next week, I built a dolly for it. Thanks to Waterdog for the plans!!

Still need to put on some padding before I put my top on it!

Also got my cool gas cap!

:drinks:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Spring has sprung

Well..........My darn hard top was damaged in transit, so.....Spring has Sprung.

OME Ultimate going in:

IT'S SPRING(s):

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lunch Break

OME ULTIMATE - All rear end parts in and on the ground.

Lunch break and start on the front!

:thumb:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I love the look!:action-smiley:

did you have to lift your body up off the frame to remove and install the rear shocks?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry to hear about your hardtop, at least it's getting warm out! Nice looking lift!

Hey Thanks, I was really bummed, I ordered it on Feb 2!

I've had the soft top down/off for a couple weeks. Luckily, I can go to our other car when it rains. And it just POURED today here in So. West Florida.

I love the look!:action-smiley:

did you have to lift your body up off the frame to remove and install the rear shocks?
Hi There, Thanks for the compliment. I did not lift the body off the frame, I was able to get the rear shocks off from underneath.

Joe

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi There, Thanks for the compliment. I did not lift the body off the frame, I was able to get the rear shocks off from underneath.

Joe

:beerdrinking:[/QUOTE]
by removing the Pin that holds them? I think its two bolts for that? im debating on replacing them and think I might be over thinking it

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
by removing the Pin that holds them? I think its two bolts for that? im debating on replacing them and think I might be over thinking it

Hey Salamander, It was 2 - 13 mm bolts that holds the top shock mount in the rear. Socket and extension did the trick. I've read they commonly snap so BEWARE and be ready for that to happen especially if you're in a bad weather area. This is a Florida Jeep so it hasn't taken the abuse that some do in foul weather states.

Here's my rig after the suspension part of the lift. I'll do the body and motor mount lift in the future:

:drinks: AS WE SPEAK!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts