Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I order new wheels and tires I just wanted to make sure my 2004 Rubicon will fit 15" wheels. From what I understand from other posts it looks like I should not have any brake clearance issues, but wanted to make sure I checked with the rest of the TJ guru's first. Any info would be appreciated. Waiting on delivery of my new LongArm kit and will be ordering 35"s and want to get 15" wheels instead of the factory 16" Rubicon wheels. Thanks.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I run 15" wheels on my 05 and have no problem.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
What about mounting 315-75-16 tires on the factory rubicon 16" wheel? is I do have a set of 1 1/4" wheel spacers I picked up from another Jeeper that did not need them. Will I need to use these spacers or anything else to use the factory wheel?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Are you installing a lift first?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, the lift is already purchased and I would prefer to use the 16" rubicon wheels if possible. I do have 1 1/2" spacers already if needed.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I switched to 15's personally. Loved look of stock rubi wheels but. 15" is lighter. More tire to air down with. More sidewall to protect wheel. Tire choices are much more available and cheaper. 15" tires are lighter per size due to lighter load ranges. Will make jeep drive softer than 16" E-load tires in typical 33/35 sizes.

Just a few decent facts I suppose. Keep 16" rubis. I wish I did just cause

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have 315/75r16's on stock 16" Rubi wheels with no spacers and no rub. The clearance is tight in the back but I have an adj track bar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts