Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Yesterday I got my first vehicle, a 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. It is bright silver with just over 121,000 miles on it. It's completely stock other than Rancho RS5000 shocks. It could have different springs as well but I cant tell at this point. New tires are being put on right now (Firestone Destination M/T). This is how it looks before the tires. I'd love any recommendations and insight on how to mod it. Will be my daily driver but will take it on some easy trails every now and then.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Looks great! Just picked up an 04 Rubicon myself and already changed out the front and rear bumpers with a Warn 9.5 winch. If I was you maybe front bumper to start with and just enjoy it for a while.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Nice looking Rubicon :)

A few things I've done to my '05 Rubi that I think made it look/perform better:
-DPG OME lift with 33" tires
-Upgraded speakers/sub and head unit
-Plasti-dipped all the fake chrome on the front
-Took off the hideous milk jugs
-LED lights in the dash (much better color than stock dash lights)
-Upgraded headlights to much brighter and whiter lights

Plan to move to the bumpers next.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Pfft wish I could afford a rubicon when I was in high school. Lucky! I had a 1994 ford ranger in high school :|. I have an 06 Rubicon now and love it. Congratz on the purchase. Very nice looking jeep, be sure to keep us updated on mods and such. Look into rustoleum bed liner. Cheap and is fun to deck out the jeep with it. :)

·
Premium Member
8,897 Posts
Looks good. Go on the cheap easy thread. Lot's of very creative ideas for the home builder to work on between big mods. And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone!

Put 31" tires on today and I believe it has a 3" or 4" lift already on it. Would like to put in a new head unit and do a little plastidip here and there. Will probably try the grill and head light rings and see how it looks.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
TeeJayBurton said:
Thanks everyone!

Put 31" tires on today and I believe it has a 3" or 4" lift already on it. Would like to put in a new head unit and do a little plastidip here and there. Will probably try the grill and head light rings and see how it looks.
From the looks of the picture you have no lift. Its sitting stock.

My Jeep with 33"s and 3.25" lift.

View attachment 172297

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I could have swore it was all stock too. When I measure from the middle of the center caps to fender flares it's 22 in front and 24 in back, which is more than stock correct?

·
Registered
496 Posts
TJspeed said:
From the looks of the picture you have no lift. Its sitting stock.

My Jeep with 33"s and 3.25" lift.
TJspeed. Stop posting pics of your jeep. Your making me jealous again. Looks so damn good. Oh and the Rubi looks completely stock to me. No lift.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
TeeJayBurton said:
I could have swore it was all stock too. When I measure from the middle of the center caps to fender flares it's 21 in front and 24 in back, which is more than stock correct?
No that's stock. You can fit 31"s stock and Rubicons come with 31"s from the factory. Just by looking at your picture how close the top of the tire is to the bottom of the flare says its stock.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Randens Rubi said:
TJspeed. Stop posting pics of your jeep. Your making me jealous again. Looks so damn good. Oh and the Rubi looks completely stock to me. No lift.
Lol thanks man. To be honest I wanted a white Jeep. Wanna trade!

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Randens Rubi said:
Haha sure lets do it. Wife would prob kill me. She loves the LJ.
Even better! I wanted an LJ! idk.. I really enjoy the short wheel base.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
TeeJayBurton said:
Gotcha. Thanks guys! Love having the forum for help.
No problem. For cheap and easy lift to start off on, get a 2" BB (Budget Boost) lift.

·
Registered
496 Posts
TJspeed said:
Even better! I wanted an LJ! idk.. I really enjoy the show wheel base.
Yea man if I'm ever in New Mexico I HAVE to come check out your yellow monster. Love the look of it. Don't think I could ever swing the yellow but yours looks good.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts