Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I bought an 04 wrangler 2.4 a few months ago... the previous owner said he removed the AC relay/fuse because he never really used the AC anyway, and the drag it put on the motor.

A couple questions, first.. is the fuse for the AC behind the glove box, or under the hood? The slot for the AC Clutch Relay under the hood is empty, but it also doesn't have the female part of the connector...

Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
The main compressor fuse is 21 (10A) in the PDC under the hood. Of course without the relay the fuse will do nothing. If you are missing the 4 terminals in the relay slot the relay will also do nothing. Are you sure they are not there? It is odd that the terminals would be missing from one that had a/c from the factory since removing them would serve no apparent purpose & not that easy to remove. Non-a/c ones may have had them deleted, not sure.

The relay would get power to close it from fuse 11 behind the glove box which also powers the EVAP/Purge Solenoid so if you are not getting a CEL for that, fuse 11 is in & good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The relay would get power to close it from fuse 11 behind the glove box which also powers the EVAP/Purge Solenoid so if you are not getting a CEL for that, fuse 11 is in & good.
Would a blown Fuse 11 cause a CEL for "Small EVAP leak"?

Also, is Fuse 11 responsible for the fan relays?

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I misstated that. Fuse 11 is used in 2005 for both but for 2004 it is fuse 7 for the fans & the purge solenoid was on 11. So not connected on 2004s.

I do not know if a blown fuse 11 would give you a "small leak" code, but it might.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts