1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4.0 LJ

$8,500 OBO

Located in Miami, FL

Clean Title Rare 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4.0 Long Wheelbase with Rare Hard Top and 6 Speed Manual transmission. With 162k Miles.

Had the Jeep for almost 7 years now. It is my daily driver and treats me very well. Best bulletproof Jeep motor in my opinion. Mileage will change, but very little since I don’t drive too far with it. Really looking for a sale.

I have a few mods and extra high quality parts that will come with the Jeep if the price is right. Otherwise the Jeep is completely stock.

Maintenance with oil changes every 4-5k Miles with Mobil 1 Full Synthetic High Mileage 10w30.

Original color is Silver. I sprayed it with Black Plasti Dip and Black Bedliner with just spray cans, including the wheels which are chrome. But no sanding involved so the original color will be very well protected and clean underneath. I just sprayed on top of it.

Extra Parts (New):
- Smittybilt windshield header ($50)
- Smittybilt Extended Top ($120)
- Dirty Dog 4x4 full rear cargo Net ($400)
- Bestop Trail Cover ($200)
- Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Black Seat Cover ($100)(Driver Side)

Pros/Mods:
- Recently replaced serpentine belt ($40)
- Recently replaced Harmonic Balancer ($270)
- Recently replaced steering stabilizer with a KYB Stabilizer.
- Recently Installed 33 Inch Falken Wildpeak AT3 Tires ($600)
- Rubicon Express 3.5 inch lift ($1000)
- Rubicon Express Front adjustable track bar ($100)
- Rubicon Express Monotube Shocks ($300)
- Metalcloak front fenders with 4inch flare ($1000)
- Rare Hardtop ($1000)
- SunPie LED Headlights ($100)
- 15 inch I believe Eagle Alloy wheels in chrome. Plasti Dipped in Black.
- Banks Ram-Air Intake ($200)
- Flowmaster Super 40 Muffler ($90)

Cons:
- Radio works but CD player doesn’t. Still factory radio
- Speakers work but should be replaced
- Common issue is first gear pops out rarely. 7 years never had an issue. I have my hand on the shifter to shift into second right away so it rarely happens to me.
- Steering wheel showing some wear
- A/C needs attention. I might or might not fix it. I usually run the Jeep open air. So never needed it.

I love the Jeep. Just thinking of possibly moving onto something else. Motivated to sell. Shoot me an offer. Worst I can say is no. Thanks for looking!

Email me at [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
You need some better pictures. Close ups of the detail. How does it stack up against KBB?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need some better pictures. Close ups of the detail. How does it stack up against KBB?
Ok cool. I appreciate the input. What did you mean about close ups of the detail? What pictures are needed? As well as what do you mean stack up against KBB? Thank you.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Ok cool. I appreciate the input. What did you mean about close ups of the detail? What pictures are needed? As well as what do you mean stack up against KBB? Thank you.
Pics of the suspension, frame, more of the interior, engine bay, close ups of any issues, just more pics in general.

As far as KBB he means Kelly Blue Book.

www.kbb.com

You can get a value estimate for the Jeep there by inputting some details to see how your price stacks up against it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pics of the suspension, frame, more of the interior, engine bay, close ups of any issues, just more pics in general.

www.kbb.com

You can get a value estimate for the Jeep there by inputting some details to see how your price stacks up against it.
Yea I knew what KBB was lol. Just thought he meant something else with it for some reason. Since these are a little on the more rare models, how do they stack up with KBB, the Jeep market etc? Do they hold value? Just want to get the right guidance and price. I’ve seen so many in different places asking for double what KBB asking. So that’s why I came to my price.

As for pictures will do. Seemed like only on my phone did it let me only upload a few pictures. Maybe through the computer I need to upload pictures.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Really need and wanting to sell it. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

www.kbb.com

Spot on. Black and white photos are not gonna be good, nor are backlit ones like the ones you already have. Unless you're filling the foreground with flash to give it the halo effect for a magazine or wedding.

I don't know for sure, but I think the money's a little bit high. At least if I was looking, I'd look right past at that price. I'm probably completely wrong, but just saying. Not trying to be a jerk, I noticed you said you need to sell it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not insulted at all. I need the honest feedback. I just took the photos from my phone and put them on there to get it started. But yea I’m trying to find the right price to put on there since I saw so many doubled mine lol. I try to take better pictures with the phone.

And I’m also trying to edit my original post to update the price but I can’t seem to access that anymore. Is there a limit to editing?

As for KBB are Jeeps being sold solely on that? It being an LJ have any advantages? I do need to sell soon so definitely motivated and willing to negotiate. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
2,622 Posts
And I’m also trying to edit my original post to update the price but I can’t seem to access that anymore. Is there a limit to editing?
Yes there is a time limit on editing. I forget what it is, as I'm on a few forums and they all have different limits.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
51,156 Posts
Not insulted at all. I need the honest feedback. I just took the photos from my phone and put them on there to get it started. But yea I’m trying to find the right price to put on there since I saw so many doubled mine lol. I try to take better pictures with the phone.

As for KBB are Jeeps being sold solely on that? It being an LJ have any advantages? I do need to sell soon so definitely motivated and willing to negotiate. Thanks again.
You can now edit your original post..FYI

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In a time crunch. $7,000 OBO. Possibly little lower without the extra accessories. MUST GO! Thanks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts