Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had OBA on my 79 CJ with a York and loved it, but sold it two years ago. I have missed it everyday. I never knew how much I used it till it was gone.
Now I want to put a York in my LJ Rubi and keep the A/C.
I'm having problems with the mounting bracket. I know Brad Kilby has one but I would like to keep the cost down. I had a total of about $75 in my OBA for my CJ.
Has anyone fabbed their own bracket?
Any ideas?
Use the serpentine belt or run two belts?

Thanks
John

·
Registered
15,657 Posts
On my 98 tj 4.0 I run the York top right with its own v belt running of a double pulley on the apt
Collins brothers had a inexpensive bracket and pulley on clearance but unfortunately the 03 04 tj 4.0 has a totally different belt set up

For the York I found several of max displacement York compressors on old volvos at the local you pull it

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I setup the York in my 04 LJ. I used a double pulley on my alternator that I purchased from Kilby then made a custom bracket. I retained my AC and factory air box location. I used a small V belt from the double pulley to the York and kept the serpentine belt going to all the factory pulleys.

Last I heard, Kilby isn't answering their phone so its likely they arent in business anymore.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have use both the York and the Sanden, both worked well. The Sanden was easier but the York put out more air.
I thought about and like the idea of the double pulley and two belts. But I still need the mounting bracket.
Do you have any pictures of your setup?

Thanks
John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts