Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ive been wanting to do this myself, but raise it a couple inches off the floor to slide things underneath. Good find!
Thanks. Yeah I was looking at the tuffy ones but didn't want to spend $700 for something that will only carry trail gear. The next plan was to build one out of wood or just make a wood platform mounted on my roll bar supports. But once I found this one, I couldn't pass it up. I would have been losing money if I didn't buy it...

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Took the Jeep out to Gilmer, TX for a cancer fundraising event. Lead a medium group, got it dirty and won a new set of Raceline wheels in a raffle. New beadlocks coming soon to a thread near you...

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Picked out the Raceline beadlocks that I’ll get for free. Gonna pick them up this week and then mount them.

Went with these:

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Picked out the Raceline beadlocks that I’ll get for free. Gonna pick them up this week and then mount them.

Went with these:

Well they didn’t have the black wheels I wanted in my size so I ended up ordering these. They will be here next week. Should have them mounted shortly (with pics of course) and my Jeep should be ready for a Hot Springs trip in early November.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Well my free beadlocks came in last week so I thought I’d post up pictures. Have only gotten one installed so far, as I’ve been swamped with work. But should have them all done this week and mounted up.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Beadlocks are assembled, balanced and installed. Taking the Jeep to Hot Springs this weekend for some wheeling. It’s a shame that these pretty wheels are gonna get destroyed in T-minus 5 days...

·
Registered
180 Posts
those look awesome. You going to have to trim the fenders in the rear to prevent rubbing?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
those look awesome. You going to have to trim the fenders in the rear to prevent rubbing?

No. They’ve never rubbed. I have them bump stopped accordingly.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Beadlocks are assembled, balanced and installed. Taking the Jeep to Hot Springs this weekend for some wheeling. It’s a shame that these pretty wheels are gonna get destroyed in T-minus 5 days...

Looks great!

Im digging these alot, 15s are hard to find and in an alloy, though I am not putting all my man power into research. How wide are they? What is the backspace?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Looks great!

Im digging these alot, 15s are hard to find and in an alloy, though I am not putting all my man power into research. How wide are they? What is the backspace?

8” wide. 3.5” backspacing.

Lots of companies make 15’s in steel. Raceline, method and trail ready are the only companies I know of that make alloys in 15’s but I’m sure they’re others.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Took it out to hot springs and got it dirty. Only managed to scratch two of the new rock rings. Guess I don’t wheel hard enough bra.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Recent updates. Changed out my valve cover, rear main seal, new oil pan, Fumoto valve and swapped out my UCF rock sliders in favor of some Poison Spyder Ricochet Rockers. Also removed my Smittybilt winch and replaced it with a Warn M800, put in a full length Tuffy console and changed the console sub to a Kicker unit.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Recent update. Replaced my old trail corners with Poison Spyder Crusher Corners with 3” steel flares.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Picked up a new work truck/occasional tow rig. 2014 Ram 2500. Have been looking for quite a while for a 3/4 ton Ram and finally found one that checked all the boxes (gas motor, 2wd, crew cab, long bed, work truck package, black). And the price was right.

I’ve been flat towing the Jeep for a while with my half ton dodge and the time has come to get a trailer and a bigger tow rig. Now I’m on the hunt for an 18 foot car hauler.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Took it out to Barnwell Mountain in Gilmer, TX to destroy that new armor I put on. Got a little air under the tires...luckily no damage and winched myself back over and kept going. Got a good look at my skid plates though.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Damage any of the soft top or bows?

Nope. I keep the top unhooked in the back when wheeling so there was no tension on it. Winched it back on its tires and kept going. I was honestly surprised that there was no body damage, not that I’d care if there was

21 - 40 of 41 Posts