Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, looks like the time has come to part with my LJ, with my work schedule over the next couple of years, there is not gonna be much time for it. I am also going to put my boat on the market for the same reason (2007 Crownline 180BR). In the interest of not re-typing the entire Ad, here is my ad from Louisiana Sportsman that I copied and pasted:

If you are interested or have questions, PM me here and I will send you my contact info.

I am currently working an assignment in Houston, Tx., but go back home to South Louisiana every weekend. If you are in the Houston Area and would like to see it, I can drive it back here one week for you to see it.

Transaction will be made face to face, you give me cash or certified check that I can verify funds and I will hand you the title, which is free and clear and in my possession.

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ) $19,000.00

These were only made in 2004, 2005 and 2006 and are becoming pretty hard to find, esp with miles this low.

Details are:
Automatic Transmission
52,000 Miles
Soft and Hard Tops
2 sets of OEM Soft Top Windows (one never used)
Half Doors with Soft Uppers Included ( still need to be painted to match)
Full doors included as seen in photos
Aux input added to factory radio
Polk Audio 5.25" Speakers in sound bar and dash.
Front windows have been tinted
Trailer Hitch
Front and Rear Husky Floor Liners

Jeep is in very good condition. Only reason i am selling is I am currently working out of state and will not have much time for it in the next couple of years.

Only minor issue is a very slight drivers side front axle seal leak. It was this way when I bought the Jeep almost three years ago. There is a very sligjt oil film on the steering knuckle on the driver side. I have monitored the oil level in the front diff and it is always full. I do have the parts to fix the seals and to put new front brake pads and rotors that will be included with the sale. I also have four Bilstein Shocks that need to be installed that will be included as well. Rear axle seals, bearings, brakes, front/rear driveshaft ujoints and double cardan joint on front shaft have been recently changed as well. They have less than 2500 miles on them. Jeep runs and drives great, ice cold A/C and heat works well. No rust whatsoever anywhere on the Jeep. This Jeep is bone stock and has never been mudded. 4 WD also works as it should. Price is pretty firm at $19,000. I am including everything that I have that goes with the Jeep. Probably a few things I forgot to mention here. It is ready to go with a fresh oil change and inspection is good until 01/17. Jeep is located in Covington, La. Due to my work schedule, I am only available to show it on the weekends.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No interest, price too high?

KBB has this Jeep at $19,900 Private Party Value. I figured with the two sets of doors, soft and hard tops and two sets of windows with the soft top and all the extra stuff I am including that I was in the ballpark.

Thoughts from the board????

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
No interest, price too high? KBB has this Jeep at $19,900 Private Party Value. I figured with the two sets of doors, soft and hard tops and two sets of windows with the soft top and all the extra stuff I am including that I was in the ballpark. Thoughts from the board????
I think I would pass, and look at JKs. If it was a rubicon I think you would be in the right price range though.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think you are at the very tippy top of the value - it looks like a clean low mileage lj which is semi rare so if you wanted to wait it out you might get close to 19k- however at 19 you are right in the area of getting the newest models used.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I am thinking I may leave it out there and still drive it when I can. I an not in a "Need to Sell" situation. I just hate to see it not being used/enjoyed.

If anyone out there wants to make an offer, I am open. Keep in mind this is a really nice low mile LJ that is coming with some extras.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well..... Looks like the Jeep is sold. Meeting the new owner tomorrow AM to close the deal. However, he was not interested in the half doors, soft uppers or the new set of OEM Unlimited Soft Top Windows. I will be listing these items shortly.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Well..... Looks like the Jeep is sold. Meeting the new owner tomorrow AM to close the deal. However, he was not interested in the half doors, soft uppers or the new set of OEM Unlimited Soft Top Windows. I will be listing these items shortly.
Cool. What price did you end up agreeing on?

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
after selling a vehicle in 2013 in order to buy my JKU, you have to keep in mind what you want and what you get are two different things. hopefully the deal works for you. if not expect to get a tad less then what your asking if you want to move it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool. What price did you end up agreeing on?
Ended up getting $17,500 for the LJ without the Half Doors and new soft top windows. I am going to post them for sale next weekend when I am near them so I can take photos.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts