Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys ive been searching for awhile now and found a 05 wrangler sport with only 38,000 miles on it plus it was 1 owner they are asking 17,500 for it but this jeep is clean ive talked to the dealer and he said price is not set in stone that we will talk about it. this jeep keeps telling me to buy it but the opda problem is scaring me off. is this a good starting price for the year and miles or are they asking to much and should i stay away from 05-06 wranglers? PLEASE SOME ADVICE dont want to get screwed over. thanks in advance

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well you haven't given very much information about it for anyone to give much of an opinion. Model? Motor? Trans? Mods? Pics? There's a lot of factors to consider when buying. What does Kelly Blue Book tell you? NADA value?
And what is opda?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha wow thought i put that in lmao my bad:facepalm: here is the info 6cyl manual soft top 38,000 miles clean carfax 1 owner no rust no mods any other info needed ask . sorry bout that

·
Registered
768 Posts
Get a warranty with it if you're so worried about the opda. Considering it's a sport with low miles 15k to 15.5 would be a good price...that will be around 17k with TTL. A warranty will put you near 20k so make sure you love it :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks ive been looking for months now and saw this one and keep looking at it for the past week lol guess maybe i found the "one" haha yea i was thinking of offering 14500 and going from there anybody else with opinions keep them coming possibly going tomorrow to test drive maybe buy after work

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have an 04 rubicon. I bought it with 100k on the clock and paid 14,500 for it. I would say in the ball park of 13-14.5k would be the most I would pay.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
you are in the best position to determine what a fair price is to you personally.....as was said there are so many factors including your personal preferences with respect to colors, options, etc....never pay more than you feel is justified.

fwiw: i paid about 5% above high NADA for my TJ because it was an exceptional vehicle and most importantly exactly what i wanted.

·
Registered
527 Posts
OPDA is a Oil Pump Drive Assembly. In 05-06, this unit is noted for pre-mature failure due to gear wear at the bottom of assembly. When the gear wears, it can't drive the oil pump in engine comparent. Things to monitor is your oil pressure and if you hear "laughing monkey's sound" you better shutdown jeep ASAP or bad things will happen. The sound is similar to squeeching belts. Do a search on OPDA in this forum for more info,

·
Registered
49 Posts
Seems a little pricey, but if you feel comfortable at that amount, that's all that matters. What does NADA and Kelley Blue Book say for your zip code? I paid less than that for a very clean 04 Rubicon with similar mileage about a year ago.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'd drive a hard bargain to drop it at least below $15k. Don't know what part of the country you are in, but in Virginia there are plenty of choices of similar year, mileage, equipment, etc. Paid $16k for one-owner 2006 Rubicon hard and soft tops with 32,000 miles in February. Depending on what kind of dealer is selling I would harp on poor mileage lots of rigs on the market. If a Jeep dealer, why not have him throw in a free inspection of the oil pump drive?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts