Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I will. The first out of state trip is the end of April. Heading down to Jeep Beach in Daytona FL with some friends. Not crawling vacation, but still Jeep related!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I have put around 500 miles on the Coyote LJ now. This past weekend our Off-road club went two tracking in northern Michigan (17 vehicles), and it did great. I had digital gauges installed, but they are not quite working correctly. Still need to do some adjustments. I got my new vanity license plate "WILDDOG", which seemed appropriate for the Coyote.

I led the trail ride, and my wife's 2008 Hemi JK is right behind me.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
With the highway work being done on I-196, my work commute has been rerouted down Chicago Dr. I have to clean the drool off my steering wheel every time I drive by and see this thing outside!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
I haven't posted in a while, so I thought I would update.

I felt that the Coyote was running a little rich, so I took it to Port Sheldon Auto and had them put it on their Dyno and tune it for me. I was correct, and it was running rich. They calibrated the mass air, tuned it all including shift points in the 6 speed transmission.

Here's the axle specs:
Dana 60 one ton axles, 5.38 gears, 40" tires.

HP to the tires/ground: 332
Foot lbs of torque: 410

Runs like a Coyote should!

I just got back from 3 days of wheeling at Windrock Off Road Park in Oliver Springs TN. The LJ did fantastic climbing 4'+ rocks, and every trail we could throw at it. I wanted to do Rattle Rock, but the group I was with didn't want to. Maybe next time.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
It bothers me when pictures don't post correctly!

Here are a couple more that my Friend took on Trail #44 in Windrock.

I will be at the Badlands in Attica Indiana June 7th & 8th, if anyone might be in the area. Staying at the Campground at the entrance.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
It's been a while since I last posted. Between owning/running 3 businesses, and having 7 grandkids has been taking up a bunch of my time this summer (but I'm not complaining!!).

The Badlands trip was good. Within the first 4 hours I broke the double cardan knuckle on the front drive shaft. I have to remember horsepower isn't always your friend! So I spent the rest of the weekend in 2 wheel drive, and did 90% of the obstacles. I was pretty impressed with this rig and it's capabilities. So now I have a spare driveshaft for the front and the rear.

No wheeling adventures now until September. We leave Sept. 11 for 3 weeks of wheeling in Colorado. Can't wait.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
We will be in Silverton for a week. Plan on doing Black Bear Pass, Imogene Pass, Mineral, Poughkeepsie, Corkscrew, Hurricane, California, Picayune, Placer Gulch and Kendall Mountain.

Montrose for 3 days. Black Canyon of Gunnison National Park (Sidewinder trail), Calamity Canyon, Topless, Death Row, Die Trying and Cactus Ridge.

Gunnison for 3 days. Lead King Basin, Paradise Divide, Pearl Pass, Devils Punch Bowl, Taylor Pass

And we are finishing in Leadville for 3 days. Holy Cross Trail, Montazuma to Webster Pass and whatever else we have time to do.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
What a great time in Colorado. The Aspen trees are turning that beautiful Gold color. Weather was perfect. Mid 70's during the day, upper 30's at night.
I thought I would drop a few pictures here of our trip.

We did Black Bear pass, Chinaman Gulch, Imogene Pass, Topless, Engineer Pass, Holy Cross and a bunch more. 2 solid weeks of wheeling.

If you have never been to Colorado wheeling. Plan a trip, you will never regret it!

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Great pics! I was up there in July, it was beautiful. Unfortunately, some trails were still closed. Oh well, next year

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
It's been a while, so I thought I would share what I have been up to this winter. Only minor modifications to the interior of the LJ. Besides already having a CB radio, I have added a GMRS radio as well. Better range, smaller and no "channel bleed" from super power CB guys. If you ever want to do the Unlimited LJ Adventure, this radio is required. I believe that many events Jeep Related with trail rides will be going to these, as Midland is now the official radio sponsor for Jeep Jamboree.

I also swapped out my cheap stereo for a new BOSS radio, with CD/DVD/Blue Tooth & back-up camera. I did change my mind on the back-up camera, and bought a $14 Amazon camera which can be reconfigured for front facing. Made a mount on my bull bar on the front bumper, and ran it from there to a toggle switch. Now when I am rock crawling and approaching a steep hill, I can flip on the camera and see what's in front of me, rather than guess, hope and pray!

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Not sure if anyone on here would like to try to meet up for some trail rides, but here is my Jeep'n schedule for 2020:

April 30 thru May 3 - Attica IN, Badlands Off-road park
May 14 thru 18 - Harlan KY - Black Mountain Off-road Park
September 13 thru 15 - Moab UT
September 18 & 19 - Placerville CA - Rubicon Trail
September 28 thru October 10 - Hurricane UT - Trail Hero event

June, July & August, we will be Jeep'n around Michigan, hitting Silver Lake Sand Dunes, Forest Service Roads in Northern Lower Michigan, and traveling the USA in our Class A Motorhome, flat towing the wife's Hemi JK.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 40 Posts