Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 6 months ago i came across this beauty for a steal. It had a salvaged title, and the rear 44 had blown from an accident. The PO swapped in a Dana 35 to keep it cheap. I knew the day i bought it the 35 had to go.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After swiping the credit card too many times, the rear end was finally built and ready for swap. I elected to go with a Ford 8.8 31 spline rear axle. Artec Truss, Eaton- E locker, and a brand new set of 4.10 gears.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Over the last few months, She has recieved a new set of 35 inch Mikey Thompson MTZ's , PS Hood Louvre, and PS Rocker Knockers. I also scored a sweet set of half doors and had them color matched!

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Her maiden voyage did not end as well as expected. The rear locker was acting up, so i need to rewire it, and the axle shaft u joint did not last the trip. I was able to limp her home. She now is awaiting a set of Ten factory chromoloys and 2 new hub assemblies. After that she will be ready to send it again!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scored a great deal on a set of 4340 Ten Factory Chromo shafts, Got the half doors color matched, re wired the locker and did some small suspension work and she has been a beast on the trails since everything has been fine tuned, has some annoying coil bind when flexing but other than that she crawls over everything!

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Been lazy and forgetful so i havent updated my build thread in a while.. Installed Metalcloak arched fenders on it and have been trying to chase a fuel issue which i believe to be the fuel pump. I now have to rebuild my 8.8 locker, as one of the pins got stuck and shattered the locking plate inside my last trip out.. Eaton was a huge help and since it was under warranty sent me a new rebuild kit!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts