Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious about adding fog lights to my TJ. I got my Jeep from a dealer and it didn't have fog lights on it when I purchased it. I found what I believe to be the wiring for fog lights. Did my model come equipped with fog lights? There is no switch inside my jeep. Can anyone provide me with any info that might be helpful?

·
Motorized toy collector
3,763 Posts
Fog light switch would be on your turn signal lever if it had them at one time. My 04 X did not come with fogs from the factory. I just put a generic switch on a blank in my dash.

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
My model X did not come with fog lights but it did have the wiring harness set up for fog lights straight from the factory. I installed the lights, plugged them into the harness ends which were hanging out of the wheel wells, and installed a turn signal switch with the pull-out fog light switch which can be purchased for $50-60 online or at a local parts store. Lots of information on here if you search for TJ fog lights.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
My model X did not come with fog lights but it did have the wiring harness set up for fog lights straight from the factory. I installed the lights, plugged them into the harness ends which were hanging out of the wheel wells, and installed a turn signal switch with the pull-out fog light switch which can be purchased for $50-60 online or at a local parts store. Lots of information on here if you search for TJ fog lights.
May depend on the year or other options but my 03 X does not have any of the wiring.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My 06 X had the wiring, I hooked in a set of mini driving lights. The switch though is on a factory panel next to the other dashboard switches. There are actually two switches on for the new driving lights, but also controls the two big windshield lights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts