Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Rubicon Unlimited and am about to roll over 200k miles. I bought it in 2011 with 70k miles. Original engine and I think the original clutch. This is my second wrangler and I love it but am not a car guy so everything is basically stock with no major issues whatsoever. Should I be nervous about the mileage? It is my primary vehicle and with over 25k miles per year, obviously they are almost all highway miles. Just trying to figure out if I should sell and get another lower mileage later model or ride her for a few more years. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
176 Posts
with good maintenance these engines can go a long time, if it were me I would keep it, and consider swapping in or rebuilding the engine in there down the road when it gives you trouble or starts burning/leaking a lot of oil....good luck.

·
Registered
10,020 Posts
If it aint broke dont fix it. Id say a clutch is in yer future though. If its not smoking, burning oil, loosing water i wouldnt touch it

·
Registered
384 Posts
Just have it checked over by a good mechanic. Replace wear parts as needed. My wife's has 104K and we just got it for her. I am slowly going through everthing and even replacing things now that may need it eventually for piece of mind. The fact that you have 200k give me more confidence that she will be able to get there also one day.

if your engine/trans are running fine then good

Check your antifreeze, brakes, U joints, fluids in axles & TC. My wifes TC was making more noise than I liked and found it had a small leak...low and fluid and dirty. for probably the last few years before we got it. 15 minutes later it was filled back up with fresh fluid. I got ripped out the original spark plugs with and put in fresh ones. The engine runs smoother and quiter than before. Hopefully her mpg goes up as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input.

Thinking a little more, here are the minor issues I have had:
1) It does burn a little oil. Half a quart in 5k miles. What does that mean?
2) I have had an issue of some kind of buildup on one of my spark plugs that triggers my check engine light for a 'Cylinder 6 Misfire'. Spark plug change solved that.
3) Had an issue and replaced the CV joint ~2 years ago (50k miles ago at least)
4) Had a death wobble ~3 years ago with Goodyear DuraTrac tires. Upgraded the steering stabilizer and put on BF All-Terrains. No more issue since.

That's really it. I can't believe the clutch is still working...

·
Registered
384 Posts
Thanks for the input.

Thinking a little more, here are the minor issues I have had:
1) It does burn a little oil. Half a quart in 5k miles. What does that mean?
2) I have had an issue of some kind of buildup on one of my spark plugs that triggers my check engine light for a 'Cylinder 6 Misfire'. Spark plug change solved that.
3) Had an issue and replaced the CV joint ~2 years ago (50k miles ago at least)
4) Had a death wobble ~3 years ago with Goodyear DuraTrac tires. Upgraded the steering stabilizer and put on BF All-Terrains. No more issue since.

That's really it. I can't believe the clutch is still working...
If you haven't changed the antifreeze, brake fluid, TC, or Dif fluid it should be looked into. Probably over due at 130K. You should also get your Ujoints looked at. They usually don't last this long

1 - 6 of 6 Posts