Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Throwing some mods at my LJ this winter to include lift, bumper/tire carrier, roof rack, wheels/tires......

Would like some advice if my thinking is correct with my tire/wheel choice......

2006 Unlimted - Sorta a daily driver and does see alot of trail time
Current -
No lift
Trimmed Fenders
31x12.50/15 BFG M/T

Lift has been purchased - 3.5" R.E.

I'm looking at.......
35x12.50/15 BFG M/T KM2 mounted on Pro Comp Series 7069 15x8 wheels with a 3.75 backspace

"It will be getting re-geared when I throw the lockers in"

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I compiled a ton of tire / lift pics on my site that may be helpful. You should check them out. There are a bunch of LJ's in there but it is TJ's in general. There arent a lot of 3.5 inch and 35's but there are a ton of 4 inch and 35's
Jeep Wrangler Lifts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Chasingdreams...I'm at the step you are now with my 01 TJ..and wanted to go from my stock 29x9.5's to 31x1190.5's-maybe later do a 2" boost....I'm getting prices installed with shocks for about 1500-1800 with lift and shock. Budget is an issue..so I may go with the tirerack.com and some local help to reduce the price..

The BFGT?A's in a 31X10.50 was one of my top choices...Did you use stock shocks or did you have to go long. Will I clear ok with 31's?
Muddyspokes

Thanks man..and keep us posted on yur rig upgrades..
What do you think? i do a fair amount of trail riding in NoRCal Sierras..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chasingdreams...I'm at the step you are now with my 01 TJ..and wanted to go from my stock 29x9.5's to 31x1190.5's-maybe later do a 2" boost....I'm getting prices installed with shocks for about 1500-1800 with lift and shock. Budget is an issue..so I may go with the tirerack.com and some local help to reduce the price..

The BFGT?A's in a 31X10.50 was one of my top choices...Did you use stock shocks or did you have to go long. Will I clear ok with 31's?
Muddyspokes

Thanks man..and keep us posted on yur rig upgrades..
What do you think? i do a fair amount of trail riding in NoRCal Sierras..
The 31x12.50x15 I have on there now have no rubbing issues..... The current aftermarket wheels have 3.25" backspacing. The shocks are original equipment currently. OME shocks are sitting on the shop floor with the RE lift.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts