Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi Jeepers

just i wanna buy 2006 TJ but i heard there are some problems in the transmission ! ! !

so what do think about it ?
and tell me more about this model in general ??

·
Registered
876 Posts
You are probably thinking of the auto transmission (42RLE)... Nothing really wrong with them, but your tire and gear ratio choices can make the overdrive gear not function as well as designed by the Jeep Engineers. It is an electrically controlled trans vs. the older 3 speed (32RH), which was a hydraulic unit.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Got the 06 SE with 6spd manual tranny and I have not had any issues nor heard of any except I have the 4cyl which I love but I'd recc 6cyl. Great Jeep you'll love em and if you want the full pkg get the Rubi which comes with an SYE and lockers and better axles.

·
Registered
647 Posts
42rle were not as good as the 32rh, they have a much lower heat tolereance, so if you go mudding don't spin your wheels alot trying to get out, that thing will fry. they are still a good tranny, just not as good as the 32rh

·
Premium Member
3,221 Posts
I wouldn't be all that worried about the tranny but I would read up on the opda issues. I had mine go on me and it will prob go again down the road but I do not regret me choice in buying my 05

1 - 7 of 7 Posts