Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are some stock attachments that have to be relocated, I have never seen this addressed in a thread here, maybe I missed it ...

Underneath my stock TJ Rubicon today contemplating what I will need to change installing a Tom Woods CV drive shaft, adjustable upper control arms, maybe trackbar too ...

On stock Rubicon upper control arms, there are a number of attachments bolted into the flare available on the stockers. At least the parking brake cables and some fluid brake lines. With the barrel-shaped adjustable replacement CAs, there is no equivalent flange to drill/tap to attach these lines.

What is the common method to reattach these auxiliary lines? Just wire-tire them to the adjustable CAs?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
You can use P clamps/cushion clamps. They are shaped like a P with a rubber cushion. Or just zip tie things.

On the P clamps, a large one goes around the control rod and then a smaller one around the line and use a bolt of course to secure them together and to the line and control rod.

Unless you did a lift you do not need a CV drive shaft I do not think.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2" BDS spring lift and 1" body, also did a Rokmen belly-up skid, so I am marginal on the rear stock driveshaft. Had some vibrations until I installed a 1" motor mount lift. Had no idea there were so many attachments to the stock upper CAs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts