Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
figured I'd change the oil in my tranny since its been shifting rough. does anyone know how much oil it takes and what viscosity would work best? did some googling and couldn't find specific answers. much appreciated as always

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just put exactly 2 qts of royal purple synchromax in my 6-speed. I think my fill plug is 14 hex socket and drain is 17 hex socket. You are right with the pictures

·
Registered
384 Posts
Put 4 quarts of Mobil1 0w-30 High Mileage in my transmission last weekend. 99 SE. This is an extremely easy DIY - just make sure you have the right sockets. My fill hole took a T55 torx bit and my drain hole took a 24mm socket.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys. does anyone know the viscosity for the six speed trannys? I heard they're different

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
05wranglerx05 said:
Amsoil says 5w30 on website. Royal purple not sure, sure someone else can tell ya
thank you, couldn't find it at Walmart, typical... will be in advanced auto parts first thing Saturday morning I change my oil before I wheel!

·
Registered
604 Posts
I used Lucas synthetic gear oil. 75w-90. My ax15 took under four quarts mines was also shifting rough as well. Good way to spend fifty bucks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts