Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son installed a Rough Country 2.5" lift and new tires 33 x 10.5 r15lt. The tires rub at sharp turns. I don't want to install spacers, I rather purchase wheels that push the tires out. I'm not sure how to determine which wheel will work. Can any of you experts lend some advise?

Tires are 33 x 10.5 r15lt
Lift was 2.5" Rough Country

Attachments

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Not a fan of wheel spacers but you can fix the full turn rub with a couple of washers. That's what many of us did.

Jeep Steer Stop Adjustment

·
Registered
289 Posts
You're more than likely rubbing your sway bar. I had the same problem. You can either take your sway bar off or put washers like everybody else said. You can pick up rims for as low as $70 a rim. A lot of people on here aren't a fan of spacers. With 12.5 tires, you'll need rims for sure, but you can get by with the 10.5s and washers for now.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I also run 33x10.50-15 tires.

I selected 15x7" wheels with 3.75" of backspacing. (American Racing Outlaw II)
I have no rubbing anywhere (running 3" lift).

This backspacing pushed my tires (tread) out 1 1/4" beyond the factory flares. I located some Rubicon flares that are 1" wider than the standard Unlimited flares, so they provide "almost" complete tread coverage.

If you want full tread coverage with Rubicon flares, select 7" wheels with 4" of backspacing. That combination should prevent rubbing but also allow Rubi flares to completely cover the tread (keeping the sides cleaner)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts