Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1161 - 1180 of 1186 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would love to know how many 2012 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon paint code PX8 6 speed manual were made. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
375 Posts
I would love to know how many 2012 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon paint code PX8 6 speed manual were made. Thanks in advance
I would send your vin.and .....to his email and usually within under a week you get a full print out of everything.
I've done it twice and it's definitely worth doing and something to keep growing very interesting to see how many vehicles like yours were made with those options.
Chris

·
Retired Moderator
100,754 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
@-PLMCRZY-, I'd like to know how many 2015 JKU Altitudes, Auto, Bright White. I have seen one twin in my area and only 2 other Altitudes. Thank you in advance.

FL745896

·
Registered
375 Posts
You will need to email the person and give them your info. There is a small donation to get you the whole print out.
Well worth it,I look at all the time.
Eads

·
Registered
2013 Jeep Wrangler
2 Posts
how many 2013 wrangler unlimited in auto in this color were made that year? what a great post. think its actually camo green?

·
Premium Member
8,358 Posts
Fordycent and Jeepguy1940 - please read post #1166. Plmcrxy is no longer taking requests from the forum. You must email him.

·
Registered
375 Posts
My understanding he isn't a active member like in the past. He used to be here daily,not anymore.
Through the form he would only give basic information ,but if you contact him separate you get a full print out of every detail of every option and how many your vehicle had compared to the mass production.
Eads

·
Registered
2 Posts
My understanding he isn't a active member like in the past. He used to be here daily,not anymore.
Through the form he would only give basic information ,but if you contact him separate you get a full print out of every detail of every option and how many your vehicle had compared to the mass production.
Eads
Thank you

·
Registered
301 Posts
2007-2017 Jeep Wrangler (JK) Model Year Production Numbers

For those that don't know me, I'm your modern MOPAR production number source. I spend an enormous amount of time cleansing multiple internal databases and strive for 100% accuracy.

GOOGLE - "PLMCRZY" Production Numbers to see some of my work.

With that said, I'm new to Wranglers and not a pro around the trims and options, so if there are any glaring gaps, let me know so I can review. Totals should never change, these are FINAL.

To start, I built a 2007 Wrangler Trim/Trans Chart and can build a chart like this for ALL years if there is interest on this forum. I have all the build info such as Colors, options, etc... Charts can get large and complex quickly.

Drop a note in this thread to let me know your thoughts, dreams, requests around Wrangler production info. Again, these are model year production numbers, not sales numbers. These are the numbers BUILT for the specified model year. Totals also include Pilots that were sold. I'll start a similar thread in the (TJ) section for those years.

Time to lift the veil off the Jeep Wrangler production numbers!

-=PLMCRZY=-

I’m curious to know on the 2012 MW3 edition, if anyone knows why the total is above Jeeps claim of 3,500 being built.
My dash shows # 1,628 of 3,500

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,176 ·
You raise an interesting question here.

In my experience, the MOPAR serialized dash plaques are typically of three flavors, a meaningful significant target, like 1-of-392 (for the 392 Edition Group of the 2013/14 Charger), or 1-of-500 (an easy low volume sales target cap), or 1-of-3,500 (more of a sales target and not tied to a "small" qty or a meaningful target.

I am not able to find any published FCA press releases that talk about the "3,500" target (or any other target), but see examples of the x-of-3,500 dash plaques on both the 2dr and 4dr Wranglers, so I know that was their "sales" target for the MW3. Seems like FCA was initially holding their cards tight with this edition's production target. Probably why they no longer publish actual production figures like I do!

What seems unusual to me is the 2012 Jeep Wrangler Call of Duty MW3 Edition serialized dash plaque of x-of-3,500 spans MUTLIPLE trims. In this case completely different body styles. (2dr vs 4dr) I have not seen this from FCA before.

I've not been able to verify all region targets, but have verified the Canadian market target of xxx/200. To me, these region production totals that my charts show scream (nice round numbers) pre-determined caps. 200 for Canada, 100 for Mexico and 250 for all other Export regions.

Again, I have seen xxx/200 dash plaques on the Canadian delivered MW3s so the x-of-3,500 is a USA delivered target and not for the other regions. The
xxxx/3500 plaques should be compared against the 3,601 USA region production total. It appears that there were 101 MW3s additionally built more than the target. These "overruns" are not unusual. Sometimes they "underrun" the target too. I've run across numerous serialized dash plaques (other than the MW3 edition) that are blank with no x-of-target designation. (these are the "overrun" variants) FCA is in the business of selling vehicles and generally don't like to "cap" production. I've not seen where FCA significantly "overran" a sales target, as that could really disappoint customers.

Note: These serialized dash plaques are applied at an outside outfitter and in NO WAY represent the actual production sequence which many tend to believe what these plaques mean. It would be random luck if the x-of-x plaque actually matched the real production sequence.

Hope this helps.

-=PLMCRZY=-

·
Registered
301 Posts
You raise an interesting question here.

In my experience, the MOPAR serialized dash plaques are typically of three flavors, a meaningful significant target, like 1-of-392 (for the 392 Edition Group of the 2013/14 Charger), or 1-of-500 (an easy low volume sales target cap), or 1-of-3,500 (more of a sales target and not tied to a "small" qty or a meaningful target.

I am not able to find any published FCA press releases that talk about the "3,500" target (or any other target), but see examples of the x-of-3,500 dash plaques on both the 2dr and 4dr Wranglers, so I know that was their "sales" target for the MW3. Seems like FCA was initially holding their cards tight with this edition's production target. Probably why they no longer publish actual production figures like I do!

What seems unusual to me is the 2012 Jeep Wrangler Call of Duty MW3 Edition serialized dash plaque of x-of-3,500 spans MUTLIPLE trims. In this case completely different body styles. (2dr vs 4dr) I have not seen this from FCA before.

I've not been able to verify all region targets, but have verified the Canadian market target of xxx/200. To me, these region production totals that my charts show scream (nice round numbers) pre-determined caps. 200 for Canada, 100 for Mexico and 250 for all other Export regions.

Again, I have seen xxx/200 dash plaques on the Canadian delivered MW3s so the x-of-3,500 is a USA delivered target and not for the other regions. The
xxxx/3500 plaques should be compared against the 3,601 USA region production total. It appears that there were 101 MW3s additionally built more than the target. These "overruns" are not unusual. Sometimes they "underrun" the target too. I've run across numerous serialized dash plaques (other than the MW3 edition) that are blank with no x-of-target designation. (these are the "overrun" variants) FCA is in the business of selling vehicles and generally don't like to "cap" production. I've not seen where FCA significantly "overran" a sales target, as that could really disappoint customers.

Note: These serialized dash plaques are applied at an outside outfitter and in NO WAY represent the actual production sequence which many tend to believe what these plaques mean. It would be random luck if the x-of-x plaque actually matched the real production sequence.

Hope this helps.

-=PLMCRZY=-
Thank you. I appreciate the information

·
Registered
8 Posts
Howdy! Such a great treasure trove of Jeep info!!! Super awesome to get a grasp on the production numbers.
I'm currently Jeep shopping (to replace a well used 1998 TJ Sahara in Green/Tan that has seen more trails than most) and I'd like to get an idea of what are my odds of finding what I'm looking for within 500 miles of Los Angeles. My criteria is:
2007-2011, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 4x4, 2 Door, hard top, automatic transmission,
And then as a 2nd sort, if I can get it; dark GREEN exterior, interior any color except black.

Seems like my criteria is pretty hard to find. I definitely want a Jeep Wrangler 2 door, and I really like the 98 TJ Green.
Do you think I would have better luck if I widened my criteria to include all transmissions?
Or better to open up to non-Rubicons?

How many Jeeps were made that match my criteria?
Thanks,
Montego

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
Howdy! Such a great treasure trove of Jeep info!!! Super awesome to get a grasp on the production numbers.
I'm currently Jeep shopping (to replace a well used 1998 TJ Sahara in Green/Tan that has seen more trails than most) and I'd like to get an idea of what are my odds of finding what I'm looking for within 500 miles of Los Angeles. My criteria is:
2007-2011, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 4x4, 2 Door, hard top, automatic transmission,
And then as a 2nd sort, if I can get it; dark GREEN exterior, interior any color except black.

Seems like my criteria is pretty hard to find. I definitely want a Jeep Wrangler 2 door, and I really like the 98 TJ Green.
Do you think I would have better luck if I widened my criteria to include all transmissions?
Or better to open up to non-Rubicons?

How many Jeeps were made that match my criteria?
Thanks,
Montego
I’ll start you off.
Jeep green 2007-2009
Rescue green 2007-2009
Dark forest green 2010-11
All except the Sahara have Grey/Black interior and black hardtop / softtop.
Only the Sahara had a Khaki interior with Khaki hard and softtop option. We had 2 with Khaki, the green 2door and a black 4 door. Sahara models were also the only model to have painted fenders until 2014.

There were lots of Green Rubicons produced but you have no choice of interior. Of course you can always order a different color top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is awesome I've always wondered this since the day we got our dune, being kind of an odd color.

how many 2013 Dunes were made?

how many 2013 Dunes with the Sahara package?

how many 2013 Dunes with color matched fenders and hard top?

Thanks for doing this,
how many 2013 Dunes were made? 3,607 US

how many 2013 Dunes with the Sahara package? 1,212 (1,076-UNLIMITED, 136-2dr)
also, there were 103 Dunes with the Moab Edition Package (14-2dr, and 89-4dr)

how many 2013 Dunes with color matched fenders and hard top? Not sure yet. If you can share a VIN8 of one I can find the answer quicker.

Thanks,
-=PLMCRZY=-
PLMCRZY, How many DUNE colored jeep were made in 2014? (I'm trying to calculate the total number of dune jeeps ever made and I know they were only made those two years)

1161 - 1180 of 1186 Posts