Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering buying my wife a new 4dr jeep. We test drove 1 and the suspension felt like when Ford first came out with the Expedition. They put too much wight on a 150 chassis and it felt like it was floating. Anyone know of this? I test drove the 2 dr and it did not feel this way. What does everyone think of this new rig?
Regards, Joe:cool: :cool:

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I drove a 4dr auto a while ago. on the highway it did seem as if the rear floated a bit vs say a grand cherokee we also drove that day. I think if I had bought it, I may have looked into some different shocks. Also I wonder what it would be like in a hard top vs soft top. Over all though I liked it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I am considering buying my wife a new 4dr jeep. We test drove 1 and the suspension felt like when Ford first came out with the Expedition. They put too much wight on a 150 chassis and it felt like it was floating. Anyone know of this? I test drove the 2 dr and it did not feel this way. What does everyone think of this new rig?
Regards, Joe:cool: :cool:

Was the 4 door and the 2 door both the same model?? The X, Sahara and the Rubicon all come with different shocks, and springs depending on a few factors such as whether it had a hard top or a soft top also. Just for discussion, what kind of vehicle are you driving now??? The Jeep is not really designed to be driven like a corvette, and the Expedition was torsion bar up front and coil spring in the rear with some of them having an air ride option. If the ride of the 4 door has you concerned, there are a few things that you could change that are inexpensive considering the caliber of the vehicle you are purchasing. If you can find a Rubicon 4 door, I suggest you drive one of those and see if its different than the one you drove. It will be a purchase you wont regret.

Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts