Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there everyone, especially the ones that are experienced

Im new to this.. so give me some of your experience

my wrangler is stock and I want to totally upgrade everything in it especially its tires, rims, top, and exhaust system. I also would like to left it up a little bit and put some wheel spacing on it, but the problem is that im not experienced in this field at all. could you please guys recommend to me what brands and sizes i should be looking for in terms of upgrading? I want my ride to look badass so please recommend what you would buy to upgrade your stock wrangler if my vehicle was yours. I live in Victoria BC, Canada. thanks

·
Premium Member
53,783 Posts
Nobody can really answer that. It's your jeep. We don't know what you like or budget you are working with,
There is a lot more to it than " I want a lift and big ass tires"

The great thing with the Jk is.. A 33" tire will fit with no lift. There is a lot of folks running 33's with no lift or even a leveling kit/budget boost style lift.

My advice - look and read through this forums sticky's. there is one on lifts and tires/sizes. Check them out, if you have any questions after -we can try and answer them.

Ken

Details are in my sig :D

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nobody can really answer that. It's your jeep. We don't know what you like or budget you are working with,
There is a lot more to it than " I want a lift and big ass tires"

The great thing with the Jk is.. A 33" tire will fit with no lift. There is a lot of folks running 33's with no lift or even a leveling kit/budget boost style lift.

My advice - look and read through this forums sticky's. there is one on lifts and tires/sizes. Check them out, if you have any questions after -we can try and answer them.

Ken

Details are in my sig :D

thank you very much for giving me one of your advices and thank you for supplying one of your efforts plus giving me some of your experience brother. Lets hypothetically imagine that one of you guys have this experience of buying a new wrangler and that you want to make that wrangler look like one of a kind with an open budget. That no one can even judge you about!! what kind of that hypothetic upgrading would you apply to that wrangler?? thx and please include all your thoughts.
cheers

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
What he's saying (I think) is this: there's no right answer.

How you mod your Jeep is completely dependent on how you're gonna use it – are you gonna rock crawl, or take it in mud, or use it mostly on-road? Do you care if it gets horrible mileage or rides like a cement truck?

Nobody can tell you how to mod YOUR Jeep; they can only tell you what they did to THEIR Jeep, and why.

Most of the folks that have heavily modded Jeeps on here have done a lot of research on lifts, tire/wheel combos, bumpers, winches, aftermarket soft tops, etc, in order to figure out what will work best for them.

Some generalities to consider:

In most instances, you can get away with 33" tires and up to a 2.5" lift for fairly cheap. When I say fairly cheap, I don't mean buying a cheap lift...you don't wanna skimp on the lift.

Once you hit the 3" mark on a lift, you're looking at quite a bit of extra $$ – adjustable control arms and track bars, aftermarket driveshafts (eventually), etc.

Once you hit the 35" tire mark, you're looking at a heavy duty tire carrier, gussets for the weak factory C's on your front axle, possibly having to trim your pinch seams, and maybe needing to regear your Jeep.

Whether you do any of these things is entirely up to you. But there are a lot of little things you have to take into consideration to mod your Jeep properly, and it would take more posts than anyone has time to write to tell you what all of em are. You gotta do the majority of the heavy lifting.

Here are some threads that'll get you started on the basics:

Largest tire on stock JK? Here's your answer!

Start at the end of this one for most recent lifts: JK Lift Reviews

What Happens to Your OEM Driveshaft When You Put a 3"+ Lift on Your Jeep

Diagnosing Death Wobble and Fixing Non-DW Shimmies and Wobbles

Also, be aware that not everyone with a lifted Jeep is running a good lift; it might look fine in the single picture they posted, but could have exploded on em the next day on their way to work. That's where the research comes in...figuring out what you need to do it right the first time, so you don't spend the rest of your days with the Jeep in the shop.

Some peeps think you can buy a Jeep, slap big-ass tires and a lift on it to make it look cool, and call it a day. It just ain't so.

·
Premium Member
53,783 Posts
Abdullah said:
My budget is open

I might off road but mainly on

Bumpers & winch as well.

6 speed Manual

Thank you very much kjeeper.:thumb:
:wavey:

I will help :thumb:

First- remember there are awesome venders here that can help get you what you need. Jason @ Krawl is a good guy.

RK is very popular with the lifts. I really like how the coils drive on and off road.
http://www.rockkrawler.com/
Many Folks go with the Max travel. I myself would either go the X factor or stock mod with front lower control arms and rear uppers at minimum.
Reason the rear lowers in the max travel are not the same in the X factor. Any plans of upgrading you will have to change them.
If money is no issue -do the X-factor 2.5 and be done.

Have you chose a tire and wheel yet?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.