Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2007 JKU was wondering how long will my engine last roughly? If I maintain everything?

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Have a 2007 JKU was wondering how long will my engine last roughly? If I maintain everything?
Until 2017 when the new models are released. Jeep put a kill switch on all JKs to die at the same time so we all have to upgrade!

·
Premium Member
3,710 Posts
Any modern engine should last 200,000 to 300,000 miles of road driving. Heavy duty offroading may reduce that.

Do your maintenance on schedule and use synthetic oil and top tier gas and you'll be good for 300k!

The most important maintenance items, besides oil, are your oil and air filters. Change these often and use good brands.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Until 2017 when the new models are released. Jeep put a kill switch on all JKs to die at the same time so we all have to upgrade!
Apologies for my smart ass answer to your real question.
:beerdrinking:

Check your Engine Oil and Check it often !!.....Keep an extra quart under the seat.....
"BH"
Terrific advice, make it a habit to check your oil every other time you fill up your tank.

Any modern engine should last 200,000 to 300,000 miles of road driving. Heavy duty offroading may reduce that.

Do your maintenance on schedule and use synthetic oil and top tier gas and you'll be good for 300k!

While I agree with this...I don't agree that you need synthetic oil, but I also don't want to create a firestorm of synthetic v. regular. Change your oil every 3k-5k miles, put good quality 87 in your tank and do all the other info you've received thus far and you should be good to go.

The most important maintenance items, besides oil, are your oil and air filters. Change these often and use good brands.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts