Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the forum for both gas overflow and fuel overflow but didn't find anything about my issue so I apologize if the answer is somewhere on the forum. I have a 2007 JK Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. When I'm gassing up, unless I stand with hand on the nozzle and try and guess when the tank is almost full, it will invariably overflow and spew gas down the side of the Jeep. Does anyone know what the deal is with that and if there is a fix for it other than feeling like I'm filling up with an eyedropper?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Had same thing happen with my 05. Gas would run over like you say. Took it in and they replaced the filler neck like the previous poster mentions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
181 Posts
It's the filler tube. Chrysler put a lifetime warranty on most 07-08s that were effected. Let me look for the pic of my letter. Had mine replaced and it hasn't done it in years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
Your dealer should be able to run your VIN and tell you what recalls need to be done. The filler neck is one. You will probably have the clockspring as well if it hasn't been done, something about the Mopar tow package if equipped, the Takata airbags, and the front fender liners due to the chaffing they caused on the brake lines. That's all that I can think of at the moment.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Btw, if you have a check engine light that is due to your evap canister...then it’s still going to give you issues filling up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all! Getting ready to call the local dealer right now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2007 JKU Sahara. It overflowed after a “fill up.” Based on the recall, I took it to local dealer for warranty repair. The next day, I went to get gas and tank would not take ANY gasoline. It just kept coming out. Nothing drained in to tank. Going back tomorrow.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have a 2007 JKU Sahara. It overflowed after a “fill up.” Based on the recall, I took it to local dealer for warranty repair. The next day, I went to get gas and tank would not take ANY gasoline. It just kept coming out. Nothing drained in to tank. Going back tomorrow.
Well that sucks! Any update?

Not all who wander are lost

1 - 11 of 11 Posts