Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I recently got stuck in a down pour and was fairly covered but everything did get a bit wet. When I got home and parked I engaged the ebrake. I noticed it seemed a bit looser and skipped a bit. The hazzards also flashed then a couple times and then stayed on for a second before going off. I tried the ebrake a few times and this happened off an on but was always the same pattern on how the hazzards went. Almost like it was resetting or a code. The skipping continued as well. Any help?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No rain really puddled up on the dashboard itself. There was a bit near the ebrake handle bit didnt really seem to get inside the mech portion.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Mmmm... I don't remember any wiring for the hazard lights running through the center console.

The only thing I can think of where they may come in contact with one another with water is the backside of the dashboard and the lower center switch bank. Of the two I would suggest maybe checking the switchbank for water inside.

Mind you this is just a wild guess and I may be sending you off on a goose hunt!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's the parking lights that flash together to make it seem like hazzards. Flashes twice and then stays on for a few seconds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts