Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for my 2007 JKU? I'd like to figure out how to fool my Jeep into believing that it has a driver's seat airbag when it doesn't. Is this a bad idea?

Ian

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
The dealer can reprogram it to off. That is the way I would go.

·
Premium Member
7,191 Posts
I've used BBB Industries for wiring diagrams on my 2013 JK. It's a free database, although you may have to register to access it. I think you can get wiring diagrams for just about any model year Wrangler from there.

·
Registered
10,333 Posts
I have never tried this, but I don't think there is an easy way to "fool" the system into thinking there is a good working airbag, when in fact, there isn't one. At least not simply with playing with the wiring.

Reactions: old8tora

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
I've used BBB Industries for wiring diagrams on my 2013 JK. It's a free database, although you may have to register to access it. I think you can get wiring diagrams for just about any model year Wrangler from there.
This is an excellent source I picked up from Jeff some time ago and use it frequently. Never had to register either.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Bad idea unless you want to screw up wiring

I'd say it is a very bad idea to screw up your wiring . Air bags are known to be dangerous, so why Pretend you have one if you don't ? :bop:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The dealer can reprogram it to off. That is the way I would go.
I called the dealer and they said they cannot reprogram that. I suspect that was just the lazy service advisor speaking, but still, that doesn't seem to be a route I can go down.

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
Bull shit the dealer by us did it for one of our club members who put in new seats with out airbags in them. They charged him $112.00 to do it.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Bull shit the dealer by us did it for one of our club members who put in new seats with out airbags in them. They charged him $112.00 to do it.
Isn't a problem here either but the OP doesn't live in the free world if you check his location.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Isn't a problem here either but the OP doesn't live in the free world if you check his location.

I think it's more a question of a lazy stealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts