Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I've become really drawn to the Jeeps in the last few months. I think I'm about ready to buy. I'm also hoping to find a nice deal (unusual, I know) - and be able to offroad with it.

I did see a thread on here talking about a class action to do with leaks in the 2012-2017 (yikes). So that's tilted me toward a used model from the earlier years. Maybe I'm putting to much weight on that, but it's something I consider.

I've spied some Rubicons with lower miles that are in the mid 20k range, which is also what I'd like to spend initially.

My question is, are there any known egregious problems with the 2007-2010 Rubicons that I should take into account?

Thanks in advance for any feedback. I don't really know what I'm doing as you can probably tell. :)

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
looks like your doing your research , but.........leaks, squeeks, clunks, wobbles, shimmys, ..........once its used, the only jeep without problems is kept that way by its owner, not bought. rubi is the better rig, and u pay bit more for um. save yourself a kitty for rep's maybe 500-1000 that u can access, that cover most anything, even if it don't need any fixes off the rip, things pop up, and the small crap adds up quick........GL

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've owned a 2007 Rubicon Unlimited and sold it and bought a 2013 Rubicon Unlimited 3 months ago. I don't know about the leaks law suit you mentioned, but I have got to say I like my 2013 A LOT better; lots more comfortable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've owned a 2007 Rubicon Unlimited and sold it and bought a 2013 Rubicon Unlimited 3 months ago. I don't know about the leaks law suit you mentioned, but I have got to say I like my 2013 A LOT better; lots more comfortable.
Is it the general ride quality that's more comfortable or is it more the seats/interior?

·
Registered
34,429 Posts
My 07 has had NO oil leaks with Just over 90,000 (Mobile 1 5W 30) miles and I change out from hard to soft top all the time and no leaks with my hard top too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thansk MrSig nice pics :)

Beasty wrangler. Don't ya get a lot of rust by diving it into the water? Hell, I'd do it too if I had a jeep (with a snorkel on it).

The leaks class action I'm referring to is actually for a leaking radiator for 2012-17. Seems like roof leaks aren't a prob though.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
The engine in the 2012+ is much better than the engine in the 2011-. I say this as a 2011 and 2014 owner. The 2014 is my wife's. It's a 4 door, manual transmission with 3.73 gears. Mine is a 2 door, manual with 3.73 gears. Hers has much more power, especially since I lifted mine and put bigger tires on it. Even when both were stock, hers was noticeably more powerful.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
336 Posts
If you have the funds for a newer rig, I'd go with a '13 or newer just for the engine.

This. Also for mid 20k range budget you can easily get a 2013+. I bought my 2013 with 23k miles last year for $25k. I'd stay away from a 4x4 that's already 10-11 years old, especially one designed to be taken off road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
336 Posts
If you have the funds for a newer rig, I'd go with a '13 or newer just for the engine.

This. Also for mid 20k range budget you can easily get a 2013+. I bought my 2013 with 23k miles last year for $25k. I'd stay away from a 4x4 that's already 10-11 years old, especially one designed to be taken off road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts