Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Jeep has a large leak in the lower passenger side corner of the rear window / tailgate. It leaked when I purchased it last year but it is still leaking after having my local jeep dealer replace it twice !!! I know it's coming through the rear corner seal because light from a flashlight makes its way through when shining from outside the seal. I have attached images, anyone know a solution? Different corner seal? Adhesive to secure it to the hardtop? As you can see from the last image it was a problem for the previous owner because the sub bracket is rusted.... The first pic is where the water runs in , if you follow the silver screw down to the seal from that point to the corner seal is where water pours in.

Thanks in advance

Jared

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,643 Posts
There should be some weatherstrip adhesive you could use to keep that spot on pic #2 in place, I'd start there.

·
Registered
326 Posts
My 07 Rubicon did that....I ended up getting the rear seals replaced. My 2010 is doing it too, but the dealer can't seem to fix it. They have replaced the seal twice, and it's still leaking....and it's at the dealer this morning for the 4th time. I'm thinking I will be calling Chrysler today...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts