Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My jeep has a leak in the soft top it def coming from the passenger side where the top meets the top of the windshield. Clamp is down fully looks like its off by like less then a quarter inch. It's missing a screw also on this side right by where the center clip is. Also on this side the last window which is zippered on doesn't stay closed all the way a opens up a bit on the Velcro where the back door meets the top corner. I've tried pulling forward and could not find replacement screws anywhere and had to put a regular 10-24 screw in to keep it secure. If really rather not have to buy a new top but I can't have the thing leaking all the time is there anyway to fix this or anyone had the same problems and know where I can take it in New Jersey? Any help is appreciated!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
leak leak lead

This is very common. I have heard many fixes, one is to add more sealant around the doors to keep water out, one is to cut a notch to allow water to flow, and the best I got this week 10/10/12 from stealership. $758 quote to replace the entire frame and door surrounds.

This sounds like a design flaw tha they want me to pay. NHTSA complaints on this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2007 4 door and my top leaks too. We have tried many things to fix it, but it still leaks. Sometimes it is really bad and the whole interior gets wet and starts to smell like mildew. The only solution I have heard is to buy a new top. Even then, you aren't guaranteed the new top isn't going to leak. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts